• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help, just got home and cookie is bleeding from her thingy

• Thread starter Thread starter maisynpoppy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh dear... she isnt pregnant right?

ring the vet asap I think...
good luck! :smitten:

she cant be preggers shes never been with boars and is still a baby, do i ring vets now? its stopped but i still think its serious, will she be ok till 8am?

whats the time where you are now?

I wouldnt risk it... ring now if you can even just for advise until you can get an emergency appt...

aww... is there an emergency vet near you?

I just found this on the internet...

"Bleeding from mouth, rectum or genitals:
Any bloody discharge should be considered serious. Causes can be internal hemorrhaging, bladderstones, pregnancy complications; minutes can make a difference with treatment.
Note: female guinea pigs do not exhibit a menstrual flow. Blood is abnormal and should be considered a serious matter.

SEE A VET NOW!"

well it was £130 for the call out including any meds etc :o i asked her whether i should and she said well with her eating, drinking being alert then she should be ok till morning but then needs to come straight in, she said she will see me at 8.30am, she said it could be on of two things; a tumour, which she wouldnt be able to do anything or a salisis (sp) :'(

aww i hope she is okay :)
just monitor her eating, drinking, weeing and pooping... lol
I wish you both all the best for the vet visit :)

thank you, i wont be sleeping but I'm going to lie in bed so OH can get some sleep and i can try to relax, its only a few hours now :) hopefully she will just sleep till then i think i will put he rin bed with me with lots of hay and keep giving her water :-\ yeah shes pooing fine, eating, drinking, alert etc. the blood was damp in cage so it must of only just started so hopeflly we have caught what ever it is in time :)

yeah good idea to keep her fluids up :)
hopefully it is treatable and she will be back to her normal self again :)

GOOD LUCK!! :)

Oh no Kelly :'( :'( :'( :'(
so sorry to hear about little Cookie :'( :'(
Sending healing wheeks and piggie kisses :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

awww that was lovely that BW :smitten: was on, isn't she beaut, another aussie :smitten:
let us know how it goes sweetie :-\ :-\

shes at vets, shes staying there for a while i gotta ring at dinner time, she hasnt got a turmour and isnt bleeding from her vagina, my vet opened it up and looked in it and she screamed. he thinks its a cut some where, i have no idea, I'm falling asleep and dont even know what day it is :'( I'm gonna get an hour sleep, hope i made sense ::) oh he looking at her reporductive system

oh and there isnt enough blood to be a kidney infection but too muh for it too be a cut, I'm confused, anyway we will have to see what tests say and he asked if she gets bulied (she doesnt) but then he said its a weird place to be biten

Oh Kelly, sorry I wasn't here for you. Sending (((hugs))) at least it's not a tumour. Keep us posted but do get some rest! x

thanks emma and louise :-* :-* if karen or mary come on will some one pm them the thread please because I'm off to bed now, will check thread in an hour :)

:( so sorry to hear this Kelly, really hope its nothing serious. I will pm Karen or Mary for you x

i just got to sleep and the vets rang me, the girl said it definalty isnt her bladder or urine and its probably her reproductive system :'( they going to ring when they know for sure and she will need an operation :'(

Sorry didn't know you were on ..I just pm'd karen for you as emma asked.... :)

silly question shes not backed into something and digged her mini mouse has she, only one of mine managed to get a rather long piece of hay up there and when i took it out she had a little bit of blood?

I mean i know the vet is looking but sometimes they look for things more indepth, when it is right there in front of them ;D

thanks sammy

emma thats why I'm confused because when he opened her up he said he could see a cut, but then said he doesnt think its big enough to cause the bleeding :-\ she has nothing like that in the cage to cause a cut, he said it could be self inflicted or she could be getting bullied but i 100% dont think she is getting bullied :'( they are checking reproductive system now, if its not that shes coming home with some anit-biotics and going back tomorrow (in this case he said it most likely is going to be the cut) if it is reproductive system she will need and op but i dont know why or what for :'(

So sorry to hear about little Cookie, keeping everything crossed for you that it's just a simple cut and nothing too serious.

Keep us posted.

I have only just seen this awww gosh I hope she will be ok sending hugs :smitten:

Kelly have you had any sleep love? i'm worried about you too :( :( :( :(
I'm hoping that Cookie has just had some hay that's hurt her.. :-\ :-\ :-\
I'm sure Karen and Mary will have something to suggest for you O0
aaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll our love and piggie kisses as well :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back