Fresh food shortage

Been shopping & Asda well stocked with everything. I've bought some celery. It says somewhere on here, you can give it daily, but I've read online on many sites, feed only couple times a week due to high oxalate. Is this true? I just don't know what yo believe,
I feed celery daily.

I got a cucumber! I got a cucumber! (I was down to my last inch!
You were very lucky, nothing here again! Luckily between the stuff growing on the window ledges, foraging in the garden and the generosity of neighbours I am being spared the death stares and ear shattering wheeks at the moment.

You were very lucky, nothing here again! Luckily between the stuff growing on the window ledges, foraging in the garden and the generosity of neighbours I am being spared the death stares and ear shattering wheeks at the moment.
Oh glory! Poor you! My 88 yo mother had offered Zola and Pansy her last 6inches of cucumber, but I finally found one in … the corner Spar of all places. Can’t get red peppers for love nor money here. Paid £2.06 for two tiny green ones 😭😭😭

The great piggy veg shortage of 2023!

Hope you get sorted soon.

There are no cucumbers ,peppers or lettuce anywhere .coriander and parsley...which i only give one sprig twicw aweek.will have to be inventive for a while !

There's nothing like a crisis to get the mind working! We have seeds potted up all over the house, if this is all over before they get growing I at least won't have to shop for a while. During the lockdowns and food shortages I'd got really good at foraging and growing, then I got lazy and things started to slip. Just hoping they are wrong about the coming icy weather, the weeds and grass are just getting going.

PLEASE do not use this product. Only use very short term while on antibiotics. My piggie was on it, & nobody told me it was short term use only. I carried on using it, & he ended up having 2 vets visits as the sugar in his wee was sky high. This product is nearly 90% sugar. Look at the ingredients on the back. Soon as I stopped using it, his wee went back to normal
Hi thanks for letting me know, I've not got any and not using as I'm managing even tho its rasioned to get peppers for vitamin c ( mine eont eat corgette) in my local tesco .... all other veg fine. But if I ever did need to use it, it would defo be in extreme circumstances as prefure fresh for my boys as fresh is deffo better than substitutes, thanks for the warning tho its very much appreciated 👍 😀

This must be very regional, Liverpool has a moderate lack of tomatoes but plenty cucumber, peppers and salad bags, even in Tesco which sounds to be one of the worst affected of the large supermarkets.
My Sainsury's delivery lettuces were a bit limp today but I suspect that the new delivery driver (19 year old hipster student with man bun, John Lennon glasses, tight trousers) may be more at fault than the supply chain!
Still got 6 peppers, cucumber and broccoli from Sainsburys delivery, and bought salad bags and herbs in store from both Tesco and Asda this past week.
Hope this cold weather spell doesnt have knock on effects on salad supplies for the next few weeks...

Back