Depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every-Bunny-Was-Kung-Fu-Fighting.jpg

Oh good, I got worried then. We all want to cheer Rachel up, don't like her being down in the dumps,

So... funny story- I was working in the bush in the winter one year doing surveys- we all lived in a temporary camp that was set up for about 6 months. There were about 100 of us and since we worked and lived together we were all very close and would go out on days off to the nearest pub. So anyways, one night we all headed out to town, I was the driver that night so I was completely sober for the entire round trip. So I dropped all my buddies off at their rooms when we got back to camp and I proceeded to my own door. Anyways, the last thing I remember is reaching for my door handle and after that.... One of the fish cops found me later (I have no idea how long had passed but I was pretty cold and it was -18 degrees Celsius out that night). Turns out my roommate had gone out tobogganing on one of the hills earlier and had left her crazy carpet beside the door to our room. It must have fallen over sometime in the wind and as it had snowed while we were in town, I didn't see it when I stepped up to the door. I slipped on it (arse over teakettle) and smashed my face off the door handle. Knocked me flat unconscious. Anyways, I was woken up by this guy and given a stern talking to about drinking and driving (I imagine I wasn't quite lucid when I woke) and sent to the medic. The next morning I had a massive black eye, and everyone was teasing me about my "drinking habits" (I very rarely drank and they knew I was sober returning home). It was quite embarrassing actually. Ps... If you don't know what a crazy carpet is it's a thin, flexible piece of plastic that has two little holes in the top for handles when you're flying down snow covered hills. When you step on them wet, it's the equivalent of trying to stand on a moving, greased pig :)

After that I had to be near her for quite a lot of the day I just blanked her if she tried to say a peep.
Sometimes the better way to get back at/irritate is to answer them (otherwise you look rude) but do so happily and cheerfully, like you are having an amazing day, makes them see they ain't gettingt o you.

Sometimes the better way to get back at/irritate is to answer them (otherwise you look rude) but do so happily and cheerfully, like you are having an amazing day, makes them see they ain't gettingt o you.
I will have to try it...through gritted teeth.

It is so upsetting to be treated this way, I have been through so much. I don't understand how people have any feeling to be so horrible. I wouldn't be able to do it.
I don't know either hun, been there myself. People are just nasty unfortunately, you truly have but people never think or consider anything else. x

I can really recommend a little book called"Mindfulness on the go- Peace in your pocket" by Padraig O'Morain. It has helped my enormously with depression/anxiety and pain control. Any time I get fretting I reach for this book.:).

I can really recommend a little book called"Mindfulness on the go- Peace in your pocket" by Padraig O'Morain. It has helped my enormously with depression/anxiety and pain control. Any time I get fretting I reach for this book.:).
Oh I! I must get this book. It sounds a star.

So... funny story- I was working in the bush in the winter one year doing surveys- we all lived in a temporary camp that was set up for about 6 months. There were about 100 of us and since we worked and lived together we were all very close and would go out on days off to the nearest pub. So anyways, one night we all headed out to town, I was the driver that night so I was completely sober for the entire round trip. So I dropped all my buddies off at their rooms when we got back to camp and I proceeded to my own door. Anyways, the last thing I remember is reaching for my door handle and after that.... One of the fish cops found me later (I have no idea how long had passed but I was pretty cold and it was -18 degrees Celsius out that night). Turns out my roommate had gone out tobogganing on one of the hills earlier and had left her crazy carpet beside the door to our room. It must have fallen over sometime in the wind and as it had snowed while we were in town, I didn't see it when I stepped up to the door. I slipped on it (arse over teakettle) and smashed my face off the door handle. Knocked me flat unconscious. Anyways, I was woken up by this guy and given a stern talking to about drinking and driving (I imagine I wasn't quite lucid when I woke) and sent to the medic. The next morning I had a massive black eye, and everyone was teasing me about my "drinking habits" (I very rarely drank and they knew I was sober returning home). It was quite embarrassing actually. Ps... If you don't know what a crazy carpet is it's a thin, flexible piece of plastic that has two little holes in the top for handles when you're flying down snow covered hills. When you step on them wet, it's the equivalent of trying to stand on a moving, greased pig :)

hahahahahahah oh god, i've been laughing for about 5 minuets jeeze, god I shouldnt even be laughing you actually hurt yourself! I'm sorry!

Stay strong, you are SOOOOO much better than whoever it is thats's trying to bring you down.
You are an amazing person - never forget that - and you have loads of lovely (if rather bonkers) friends who are all here for you. Hugs :hug:available whenever you need them, although they'll have to be virtual ones for geographical reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back