Delivery Companies Are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue with Hermes atm. I ordered an Item from Ebay, estimated delivery date 19th-21st Nov. When nothing had arrived by the 22nd, I looked on the Hermes website tracking page. My parcel was supposedly "delivered" on the 17th and left in a secure place! I was in all that day, no-one knocked and no card was left. None of my neighbours have it. I don't even know where my parcel is! Contacted Hermes via Live web-chat; useless and unhelpful. Ebay won't refund me.
Its really put me off buying on Ebay.

They won't refund you? They should do, under their policy. Also, I would take it up more with Herpes, as it seems a lot of their couriers are theives - heard of a number instances recently whereby that has occurred.

Ebay decided in favour of the seller. I said on the web-chat to Hermes ; Can't you find out who was working in this area on the 17th and ask them what they did with my parcel? He just said that I had get in touch with the shipper. When I emailed the seller about it, they just said it was "Delivered" . It was a bunch of 12 rolls of XXL Regina Blitz kitchen paper that I had bought. So its a pretty big parcel. Hermes were featured on BBC's Watchdog programme a while ago. They said that their couriers had been known to put parcels in peoples bins! God knows what they'v e done with mine!

Assuming you've checked everywhere? Do you know by any chance if your road has an identical road?

To be honest, I haven't actually asked my neighbours if they've got it. But I'm on good terms with all of them, so I assume if they had it, they would let me know or bring it round. A couple of my neighbours have in the past taken parcels for me when I've not been in. So I think they would have, if they'd seen the Hermes courier.
The parcel had been "delivered" for a week before I realised it was missing. Neighbours would have brought it round by then.
I don't think there is another road with the same name in this area.

Yeah they would have, ah that just sucks :(

Oh okay, just seems weird the seller wouldn't help you? Then again they've had there money so they don't care

My sister ordered 3 'The walking dead' comic books last week, volumes 13, 14 and 15 and recieved a email from whoever was delivering them (can't remember who now) saying they were splitting the order in two, to get "faster delivery".

She usually orders 3 at a time and they all arrive together in one package in about 2 days.

However, this time, they sent volume 15 on its own and 13+14 together. BUT, they delivered 15 first and the other two about 3 days later!

So they took twice as long AND 15 arrived FIRST! Lol! Wouldn't have been as bad if they sent volume 13 first!

I only use DPD and royal mail as they are the only ones that work for me for receiving parcels. I send with Hermes all the time for cost reasons usually though.

I have an issue with Hermes atm. I ordered an Item from Ebay, estimated delivery date 19th-21st Nov. When nothing had arrived by the 22nd, I looked on the Hermes website tracking page. My parcel was supposedly "delivered" on the 17th and left in a secure place! I was in all that day, no-one knocked and no card was left. None of my neighbours have it. I don't even know where my parcel is! Contacted Hermes via Live web-chat; useless and unhelpful. Ebay won't refund me.
Its really put me off buying on Ebay.

That's not really very nice of the ebay seller to refuse to help you :no: - I send quite a few parcels via myhermes and there's only ever been one that went missing - Tracking said it was delivered but recipient said it wasn't - when I contacted hermes (messaged them on facebook - this seems to be the quickest way to get a reply) they were even able to tell me exactly where the driver had left the parcel,as it wasn't there they accepted that it had gone missing and I was refunded.

I'm waiting for an Amazon parcel at the moment - it was due to be delivered yesterday but apparently the Delivery attempt failed,although as I was in all day I'm not sure how? hasn't arrived today as yet either :(

Last edited:
That's not really very nice of the ebay seller to refuse to help you :no: - I send quite a few parcels via myhermes and there's only ever been one that went missing - Tracking said it was delivered but recipient said it wasn't - when I contacted hermes (messaged them on facebook - this seems to be the quickest way to get a reply) they were even able to tell me exactly where the driver had left the parcel,as it wasn't there they accepted that it had gone missing and I was refunded.

I'm waiting for an Amazon parcel at the moment - it was due to be delivered yesterday but apparently the Delivery attempt failed,although as I was in all day I'm not sure how? hasn't arrived today as yet either :(
If it says delivery attempt failed, it usually means they tried to deliver it to the courier when they were already out on deliveries - this is what happened with me. Very frustrating.

If you order was on prime however, email them - I got a £5 voucher :)

If it says delivery attempt failed, it usually means they tried to deliver it to the courier when they were already out on deliveries - this is what happened with me. Very frustrating.

If you order was on prime however, email them - I got a £5 voucher :)

Oh right,thank you - it wasn't on prime unfortunately,It's very annoying as the tracking is just sitting on 'Out for delivery' where it's been since yesterday morning - hopefully it'll get here sometime before Christmas :roll:

Oh right,thank you - it wasn't on prime unfortunately,It's very annoying as the tracking is just sitting on 'Out for delivery' where it's been since yesterday morning - hopefully it'll get here sometime before Christmas :roll:
It is frustrating, I waited in all day last week as it said that, then it turned up eventually the next day as a 're-attempt'.

My parcel still has not turned up.
I might have to create an account on Facebook so that I can send a message on Hermes Facebook page. If I put it where other potential customers can see it, they might actually get off their backsides and try to find my parcel! Mind you, someone's probably nicked it by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back