Delivery Companies Are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always been fairly lucky with couriers and not had any major problems. I'm not a fan of DHL- drop it hide it lose it.

I know of bad reputations for every company as I worked for what used to be a successful courier for many years! They have gone downhill too though. Its a tough business to be in and a hard job, a lot is expected from the delivery drivers these days so don't be too hard on them.

Dpd has a great video on youtube of their Birmingham hub from when they spent millions upgrading the technology. Oki it's more computers and less jobs for ppl but the service they provide now because of it is great! They are the leaders by far!

I however only use royal mail recorded delivery for my pet beds its the most commonly successful service for what I need.

Certainly a horrible way to go :(

But yes - even if it's a rubbish job, there's always a plethora of excellent tuneage you can wail along to while you're driving (speaking for myself and my own singing 'talents' here, of course)

Certainly a horrible way to go :(

But yes - even if it's a rubbish job, there's always a plethora of excellent tuneage you can wail along to while you're driving (speaking for myself and my own singing 'talents' here, of course)

Wailing is what I consider my singing 'talent' to be to, so I'm with you there!

Ive always been fairly lucky with couriers and not had any major problems. I'm not a fan of DHL- drop it hide it lose it.

I know of bad reputations for every company as I worked for what used to be a successful courier for many years! They have gone downhill too though. Its a tough business to be in and a hard job, a lot is expected from the delivery drivers these days so don't be too hard on them.

Dpd has a great video on youtube of their Birmingham hub from when they spent millions upgrading the technology. Oki it's more computers and less jobs for ppl but the service they provide now because of it is great! They are the leaders by far!

I however only use royal mail recorded delivery for my pet beds its the most commonly successful service for what I need.

In all fairness, Royal Mail are actually quite good. Just a few times they've screwed things up!

Excellent - let us never set up our own choir :D

There's a reason I play drums; so I don't have to listen to myself :))

There you go, we're already sorted (as long as none of us have to sing! :)) )

It doesn't help that the people who are self-employed by Hermes etc are paid pittance for delivering parcels.
I had a parcel delivered today to my parents address and the update I got said it was with a neighbour. turned out it was on the doorstep. Good job it wasn't nicked!

It doesn't help that the people who are self-employed by Hermes etc are paid pittance for delivering parcels.
I had a parcel delivered today to my parents address and the update I got said it was with a neighbour. turned out it was on the doorstep. Good job it wasn't nicked!
Jesus. Most do it as a side job though I believe. They're not very intelligent, if I was doing the job is be concerned and go by what I would appreciate and what I wouldn't!

Jesus. Most do it as a side job though I believe. They're not very intelligent, if I was doing the job is be concerned and go by what I would appreciate and what I wouldn't!
A.) did you get the parcel in the end
And
B.) did you give the an ass whooping for me like you said you would?

A.) did you get the parcel in the end
And
B.) did you give the an ass whooping for me like you said you would?
I did!

And I sent Cai because I wasn't ready, so I shouted out the window something about him being a useless dishonest tool....

I think it more depends on the individual drivers than the company itself. Around here DPD is the pits, while the Hermes lady is absolutely brilliant.

I think it more depends on the individual drivers than the company itself. Around here DPD is the pits, while the Hermes lady is absolutely brilliant.
The Hermes lady back home is brilliant, I can't fault her. It's the Welsh it is.

Nodel left my box of piggy food in front of my back gate in full view off everyone! I'm glad it was just piggy food and not Christmas presents. Ive had parcels under my car thrown over my gate and even hanging on the front door handle.....I wouldn't mind but my neighbour hardly ever leaves the house so they could of tried there grrrr.

Nodel left my box of piggy food infront back gate in full view off everyone! I'm glad it was just piggy food and not Christmas presents. Ive had parcels under my car thrown over my gate and even hanging on the front door handle.....I wouldn't mind but my neighbour hardly ever leaves the house so they could of tried there grrrr.
Numpties! I don't think they have brains :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back