Chat Thread.

@Tim Oh I'm sure if you are in CAMRA you have been there, its good. I like a nice summer ale personally, but my real passion is ciders, . I'm from Norfolk, you see ;)
Ah, a nice hoppy pale ale then :) I'm assuming you heard of Oakham and Batemans? Oakham do some nice pales.
I have made cider before, but my teeth always felt like they were about to drop out after a session! :beer:

I was about to Google it, then realised what word it sounds like!
It was toffee apple cider I made. About 12%. I it was rocket fuel and undrinkable, had to be diluted.

Dear gods Tim.... that does sound undrinkable! (though I would have tried).
We tried to make wine last year, it was an absolute disaster, and my kitchen was full of grapes for days with no drinkable wine at the end of the process. Now we just used those wine kits you can buy in Wilkinsons.

My OH makes cider . We have several apple trees in our garden and only a few of the apples are eaten !

I dread to think how strong his cider is - I call it loopy juice.

... and before he made his own cider , he used to drink a brand called Addlestones - which I call "Addled Brains".

Dear gods Tim.... that does sound undrinkable! (though I would have tried).
We tried to make wine last year, it was an absolute disaster, and my kitchen was full of grapes for days with no drinkable wine at the end of the process. Now we just used those wine kits you can buy in Wilkinsons.
I don't use grapes for wine making. I usually make country wines with blackberry, strawberry and damsons. Sometimes adding a bit of grape juice. I have a lovely parsnip rose bubbling away :)

All this talk of wine has made me fancy a glass. I don't remember the last time I had a drink to be fair!

Reactions: A&T
:( Not to worry Cat, perhaps if we met up in London when the weather is nicer, have a picnic :)

Yeahh I won't be so far from home then! I need to arrange that actually! At least get a date and see if people can do it!

Yeahh I won't be so far from home then! I need to arrange that actually! At least get a date and see if people can do it!
Great! :D I'll let you get the ball rolling :)

Reactions: A&T
I thought about the 1st weekend in July, does that sound feasible? It should give plenty of time for this miserable weather to pass.

@PiggyOwner do you own a cider press? We have 4 apple trees, and have a huge crop each year, most get stewed and put in the freezer. I would love to have a go at making cider.

I wish! I'm in the station, I start duty in 30 minutes. :(

:(
I managed to sneak out an hour early, I was home by 5. It's blinkin windy out there mate!

I know! I'm patrolling the Lune Gorge through Tebay today, google it and see how high it is! Its the second highest motorway in the country! :yikes:

Morning!

Drove out of our street this morning, got half a mile down the road and the police had blocked the street, someone has been shot at the car wash around the corner from my house. OMG!

I have a job interview today. I am currently on secondment from my original position and the secondment is being made perminant and we have to interview for that perminant position! I hate interviews!

Back