• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bann's mysterious lump (and a URI)

See whether he will close his eye if you move your finger quickly close to it, so the protective reflex kicks in.

I'll try it tonight (meds st 11pm) but since he's letting me apply the blob directly to the eye, I'm not 100% hopeful.

Poor lad tried hiding underneath some paper in the cage earlier to avoid me. Just a pity he's terrible at hiding and he's torn multiple holes in that bit of paper so it's obvious where he is, lol. Only a few doses left to go.

I'll try it tonight (meds st 11pm) but since he's letting me apply the blob directly to the eye, I'm not 100% hopeful.

Poor lad tried hiding underneath some paper in the cage earlier to avoid me. Just a pity he's terrible at hiding and he's torn multiple holes in that bit of paper so it's obvious where he is, lol. Only a few doses left to go.
I understand where you’re coming from Lorcan - Bobby doesn’t come out much from his hideys like he used to but we’re getting there

I have not! Well, not exactly. Do you mean the upper eyelid or both at once? I've tried it with his upper lid and no dice, and I've tried with his lower lid, same thing. Just not together, dunno why I didn't think of that.

I've also tried gently stroking his head above the eye or the cheek below it. He seems to be too intent on finding his Metacam syringe to even notice, lol. Oh, Bann.
I do both at once.

Just catching up a bit - sorry to hear about your issues with Bann. Like Betsy, after I’ve put a drop in I tend to gently very squeeze the eye closed with my thumb and finger (over above, one before the eye) and gently closing the lids that way.

Just catching up a bit - sorry to hear about your issues with Bann. Like Betsy, after I’ve put a drop in I tend to gently very squeeze the eye closed with my thumb and finger (over above, one before the eye) and gently closing the lids that way.

I do the same. ;)

I think he knows I asked, because he's now doing the opposite and blinking often enough to make it hard to get the drop in, lol, and then giving me this look like "well, that's what you wanted right?"

Back