• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger's Lumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
furryfriends said:
He certainly does! LOL I was talking to the receptionist at the vets today and she was saying how they all love him as he has such attitude! LOL

LOL Has them all under his spell! ;)

Had some sad news today - Badger has cancer :(

I went to the vets with him this morning for his post-op check. His breathing hasn't been right since his op however it was looking slightly worse today. The vet said that his last lump came back malignant (sarcoma) and was very aggressive. He said there could be many reasons why his breathing isn't normal - 1) Pneumonia 2) Heart Condition 3) The cancer could have spread to his lungs. He is on an antibiotic which isn't licensed for use in guinea pigs however he has said that guinea pigs which have looked like there has been no hope for them have picked up after this anti-biotic. He has given this anti-biotic incase it is pneumonia and said if this doesn't work, he has something he can give for a heat condition - Obviously, there is no cure for cancer if it has spread to his lungs.

The vet has also said that it is very unlikely that he has removed all the cancer as his last lump was very deep going into his muscle. He removed the lump but said they would have to remove a huge amount of tissue around which isn't really possible with a guinea pig.

So now we know what we are up against we will make sure that Badger has a fab life - however much time he has left. Its just so sad because after 4 operations (6 lumps removed) he is the happiest guinea pig I have ever seen!

We've already spoken so I'm sure you know how sorry I am...

Just remember that piggies can cope really well with cancer - Guinness lived a very happy 18 months after he was diagnosed with secondary cancers after his mammary tumour was removed. Let's hope he's now looking down on Badger and that he will share his good fortune.

Badgers not even old though - Its just not fair! You read on the internet that cancer is rare in guinea pigs and when it does occur, it is usually found in old guinea pigs! Badgers 2nd birthday is a week on Sunday!

Badger has so many things wrong with him but he is always pulling through. He has a tilty wobbly head when he walks, has a problem with 1 of his eyes, he has an inpacted bum, all the lumps and a little round ball lump inside his ear - Here is a picture of the lump in his ear...

badgerear.jpg

Here are some nice pics I have taken of him recently...

badgerboy1.jpg

badgerboy2.jpg

Dear sweet Badger. :smitten: He really is gorgeous.

Ellie and Debbie, I'm so very sorry.

Scarby was only just over one when he had CA liver.

Sending you all so much love and healing, and Scarby sends Badger piggie-kisses and sympathy
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Debbie you know how sorry i am after chatting to you & Ellie i'm so sorry  :(

He is such a beautiful boy, what a bonny face.  :smitten: I've never met him but have talked about him lots & feel i know him & we share our birthday too  ;)

Sending him lots of love & get well wishes :smitten: :smitten:

He is very quiet and eating only a little. :(

He shows interest in food initially but after a couple of mouthfuls doesn't want anymore.

He will have his next dose of antibiotics shortly. I just wish he could pick up for a while. Its his birthday next Sunday!

Dear Debbie and Ellie our best wishes go to you and the beautiful Badger, we wish him all the very best, we know he's getting the best vet care and the super best care from you both :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Dear little Badger you're a brave man and we wish you all the very very best, from your friend in OZ Duke :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* and Glynis :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Debbie and Ellie we'll be keeping our paws crossed for our little friend Badger and wish him all the best. Sending you both cyber cuddles to comfort you as we understand how you feel :'( :'( :'( these are for you both :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm so sorry..he is so young and looks such a happy piggy :( I know you will make whatever time he has left brilliant, and will spoil him even more than he already is ;) We're keeping our fingers and paws crossed for you. He's been so much and so doesn't deserve this :( Pepper and Beauty send lots of hugs and piggy kisses to Badger :smitten:

Thanks everybody for your kind words.

Badger keeps nibbling at little bits of food but loses interest very quickly. Its so unfair this is happening to him. He has been through such a lot and yet is still such a friendly little man!

We love you so much Badger boy! :smitten:

I'm sorry to hear the news isn't better with poor badger :(

You have done so much for him, and he know's that! He has known nothing but love and comfort with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back