• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger's Lumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Badger! have been so worried for you (as has Scarby).

Debbie, Scarby's CA weighed 200g - I hate to say it but I wonder if it was something similar? Like your vet, Roger had never encountered anything like it in a guinea.

Anyway loads of :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: to Badger, and I think you need a stiff drink/ whole bar of choccie/ whatever your vice is xx

Lucinda said:
Anyway loads of :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: to Badger, and I think you need a stiff drink/ whole bar of choccie/ whatever your vice is xx

I started going to Slimming World a couple of weeks ago but I have completely blown it today! LOL I haven't stopped eating junk and have now opened a bottle of wine and can't stop looking at the chocolates I got for mothers day! (they will be opened any minute now!) All the stress is making me want to comfort eat.....non stop!

I just want my little Mr Badger back home!

aww poor little guy! I hope the lump wasnt anything serious! Hope he gets better soon :)

Bye xx

Glynis said:
Hi Love
How's the boy today? :smitten: :smitten:

When I phoned this morning at 9 am i was told he had had a comfortable night and that the vet would be checking him over this morning. I am calling back at lunchtime. Will update you all as soon as I hear!

!fd! said:
hi, how old is he? hope he gets better soon

He will be 2 years old on 1st April.

Have just phoned. The vet says he is doing ok although he isn't as bright as he was following his previous op. However he says it is a much deeper wound this time and so they wouldn't expect him to bounce back quite as quickly. They have syringe fed him this morning and will be feeding him again shortly. He has told me to phone about 4.30 when they will decide whether he can come home tonight or whether to keep him in one more night.

I am thinking that if they want to keep him I will ask if I can bring him home overnight and take him back tomorrow. Just think he might pick up quicker being back at home. What do you think?

Glad he is doing okay... He probably would respond better at home :)
Hope he gets well soon :)

Aww the poor fella. I would ask to bring him home for sure, he'll perk up quick as he's in familiar surroundings and he loves you :)

Have just called vets. They say Badger isn't eating much...they are syringe feeding him. :( They asked me if I want to bring him home and continue with the syringe feeding here or to leave him with them for tonight. I have said we will pick him up tonight. I am hoping that being back in familiar surroundings with those he loves will help perk him up.

As soon as Ellie finishes work at 6 we will go and get him. Have been and bought all the foods he likes. Please Mr Badger don't give up now! :'(

He's home! :D

He is very quiet as he's been given strong pain relief but the good news is he's eating! :) He was really pleased to see he was home. As Ellie took him out of the pet carrier his little eyes were looking all around the room.

He just needs lots and lots of love and cuddles now! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Woohoo Badger boy. :smitten: :smitten:

I'm so glad he's home Debbie, now he's in familiar surroundings with smells & faces he knows it should do him the world of good O0

yes, here's hoping.

Come on, Badger. x

We're all rooting for you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

YIPPEEEEE welcome home darling Badger, you're mummy is going to give you heaps and heaps of loving :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

From us to :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Update on Badger Boy! :) :smitten:

He really seems happy to be home! :) I slept downstairs last night and was wide awake everytime he moved! At 3 am I was in the garden getting him some dandelion leaves. He has just munched his way through a huge pile of grass and we have started to gets lots of little poos. He is still very quiet but a lot more alert!

Its so good to have him home. The house seemed empty without him.

Badger is still doing well. :) He has even started standing up the bars of his cage - stretching his body as high as he can go. He really scares me when he does this as I am worried he will do himself an injury. The vet did say to keep him quiet for a few days! He has quickly realised that if he does that I will dash off to get him some more food, just so he will get down to eat it. Everytime he sees me he's up the bars of his cage, chattering his teeth at me! He's a cheeky little monkey! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back