• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger's Lumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Well the little man has had more than his fair share of lumps. So far he has had five removed (three operations) and now he has another one! We noticed it a while ago and got the vet to have a look. It was decided that we would leave it unless it started to get much bigger. It has got bigger so I am off to see the vet this afternoon to get his opinion on what we should do. He is fine in himself and at the moment it isn't causing him any problem, but of course it might do if it gets any bigger! :(

He is such a special little man and he has been through so much. It never seems to put him off though! Have never known a piggy with such a zest for life! :)

:( poor guy... good luck at the vets... what kind of lumps are they?

Do let us know how he gets on at the vets later, fingers crossed he won't need more surgery....

Just got back. He is going in on Monday to have it removed. I knew deep down it would have to come out but didn't want to even think about it. The poor little man has been through such a lot. So far he has bounced back really quickly after each op so hopefully it will be the same this time. Its so unfair, he doesn't deserve this, he just loves life so much! I'll do whatever it takes to let him live his life to the full.

All my piggies are special, but he really has a very very special place in my heart. :smitten:

P1010089.jpg

A very special man! :smitten:

Oh Debbie poor little Badger :(
Good luck little man sending you heaps of cuddles and kisses from us both :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
We'll keep our paws crossed for you mate O0

Poor Badger. Wishing you loads of luck for the op, I'll have everything crossed.

Re: Badger's Lumps! - Operation No 4 Today!

I am just taking Badger down to see Ellie so he can have some big cuddles before I take him over to the vets.

I keep worrying that he will get another lump as soon as this one is removed. No-one knows why they keep happening. We had the last ones analysed and they aren't cancerous so thats good, but they just keep popping up somewhere else :(

Its going to be a very long day! :(

I just want my little man back here soon, safe and well!

Good luck little one :) I'm sure he will be fine :smitten: Try not to worry too much :)

Badger has had his op and is doing well so far! :)

The vet has said it was a very challenging procedure as the lump was huge. In fact so big that it was only centimetres away from going into his abdominal cavity. The lump was totally different from the last one and for this reason we have decided to get this one analysed too. Apparently it was absolutely solid and weighed quite a lot. It was attached to the skin and had a blood supply to it. When it was cut open it had a hard, grainy texture.

Right now all I care about is that my special little man is recovering well and is eating and pottering about the cage. As long as he continues in this way we can bring him home about this time tomorrow! :D

aww hell bless the little man,give him a hug from me and the crews :'(

He says he has never seen a lump like that ever before in a guinea pig. Thats the reason we are getting histology done on it. At least it might give us an idea what we are up against...or maybe not. The last ones weren't malignant. One was a haematoma and the other a sebaceous cyst This one is completely different! The first ones which he had removed at the CCT were all different from one another too. Its a total mystery!

I have never known a piggy with such a huge will to live as Badger! He really loves life. Its just so cruel this keeps happening to him!

Ah poo! He sure likes to give surprises and of course he has to be unique!

What a love he is! :-* :-*

kellyandpiggies said:
Ah poo! He sure likes to give surprises and of course he has to be unique!

What a love he is! :-* :-*

There will never be another Badger, thats for sure! But maybe thats for the best! I would hate another one to go through what he has!

Whenever I am feeling sorry for myself I just think about what that little man has been through - and yet still remains happy and friendly - and I soon stop wallowing in self pity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back