• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Badger has another 2 lumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cat and Rabbit Clinic in Northampton. They don't see dogs or any bigger animals. They just see the small animals such as hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, rabbits and cats. Rabbit & Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby uses them for all their operations, consultations e.t.c.

They seem like a very very good vet so far! :)

Oh good! :) I know it's off topic, but have you tried the Vet Animal House in Rugby? They have just opened one in Warwick

The Vet Animal House has been set up by Hugh Duffin who was one of the partners at the vets we have been using in Rugby. I'm not too impressed with their knowledge of small animals like guinea pigs although I think they are better than some! I actually emailed the Vet Animal House a couple of weeks ago asking about their experience with guinea pigs. I will forward you their reply.

I have to say I have been impressed with the Cat and Rabbit Care clinic so far and will only use the vets in Rugby now if I need to get to a vet quickly.

[fontomic Sans MS]Th vt rang my mum with rsults of th histology...

HE [colorr]HASN'T GT ANE!

I am so so plas - I knw p own h in't but th vt ha wrot on his nots th lump look vry malignant an sai it look rally ba but h hasn't got cancr so thats grat! - Going to go roun an giv him a HUGE kiss an cul!
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought my heart was going to stop when I heard the vets voice. This is the best news in the world! The vet asked how he was and I said he is doing really well and we are really spoiling him and he said well you are probably going to be spoiling him for the next six years! :D

That's good news, but were they able to tell you what they were?

Barbara

He said it would appear to have been a small lump which had then become infected which had caused the rapid growth. They did say they had never seen anything like that come out of a guinea pig before! The small lump was just a cyst. We are back at the vets on Monday for a check up so will find out more detail. I was shaking so much when he rang that I could barely take any of it in. Just hearing those words 'not cancerous' was the best thing i could have heard! :D

Slept through the night for the first time in ages last night. I have been worrying about him so much and trying to prepare myself for the worst but I now feel great. Even if my arm has now become infected where Jippi bit me last Sunday. Off to the docs later!

Great news about Badger! It such a relief nothing was serious!

Time for a check up for you now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back