A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
House related things are so complicated but now have my mortgage promise renewal on Fri and appointment with financial advisor at the estate agents. I'm told this appointment with financial advisor is necessary?

I'm not liking these cold, grey mornings.

My lawyer (I swear she’s really a green haired 12-y-o!) said I had to contact a lawyer in my old state to get a divorce in this state. My old state repeated what I knew. “It isn’t up to us. You don’t live here.” My lawyer said if I am willing to give up e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g I own, she will do a quicky divorce. If I want my Harley, house, car, furniture… I have to move back to where I escaped from. Death or my possessions, what do I choose? I need a new lawyer apparently. Maybe one that can use grammar, punctuation and manners.

The housing association turned up today to replace my canopy. Then they realised they needed a new drill because the internals of this house might be a mess but the brick is damned good. Then they decided to get the strimmer and petrol to clear my garden. I was going to get my neighbour's son to clear it once I had the money and I tried putting the housing association off doing it, but no dice. Her son's gonna think I did this on purpose 😕

Yes it is tough - Is there something else you could find for him to do ?
I’m sure he understands as you’ve said when you had the money ……

Not at the moment. Til I get the bed lifted there's no point even jetwashing the patio.

I've left it months and months to back up and sort my photos out. I'm now delaying it evwn further by doing all the other jobs on my to do list. I will never learn.

Found a cheap hotel for a November trip to a Christmas market. National rail tell me on that date I can't choose half the trains, there be rail replacement on and the trainline tell me tickets will be coming soon. Confused!

I just saw a mouse in my neighbours garden. It might also have been a rat, I don't know, I saw it and jumped and swore and it jumped too then ran off. How do you politely tell your neighbour you saw a rat in their garden?

I just saw a mouse in my neighbours garden. It might also have been a rat, I don't know, I saw it and jumped and swore and it jumped too then ran off. How do you politely tell your neighbour you saw a rat in their garden?
Mmmm difficult I think they’re everywhere and last there was one passing thru our gardens … as long as they don’t come into my house I just ignore it but the council will come and get rid of them if it’s a rat

Mmmm difficult I think they’re everywhere and last there was one passing thru our gardens … as long as they don’t come into my house I just ignore it but the council will come and get rid of them if it’s a rat

It was small for a rat, but big for a mouse, so I don't know. I've let them know anyway, if it's running about like that in daylight it clearly isn't trying to stay out of the way - it was at the foul water pipes but those are inaccessible from where it was. No hiding spots, nowhere to go. I've managed to let her know anyway, last thing they need with a baby is an overconfident rodent running around.

There is no proper information about the airport lounge at Dalaman in Turkey but we know from experience that the airport is terrible and the lounge is comparatively cheap. There have been occasions of sitting on the floor as there's not enough seating unless you buy massively overpriced (even by airport standards) food. After researching as much as possible we booked it. The confirmation email states that it's not disabled friendly. This shouldn't be an issue for me as I can manage short distances with walking sticks and can do stairs (just slowly)
I just think it's extremely bad practice that this information isn't freely available before booking.

It was too much to dream of having a nice little house, five minutes away from mum - close enough to be here quickly in case anything happens. Definitely too much to think I would be away from sibling and all his rubbish and abuse.

It was too much to dream of having a nice little house, five minutes away from mum - close enough to be here quickly in case anything happens. Definitely too much to think I would be away from sibling and all his rubbish and abuse.

Keep looking. My son lost out on two houses before he finally got his first home with his girlfriend. They are so happy there. If it’s meant to be it will be.

Oh Sar you can still dream and achieve that - as weepweeps said sometimes you miss out on what seems the perfect house but another one will come along ! I’m sure - keep looking and keep your mortgage application up to date so you’re ready to go 🥰

My boiler switched on at 9:30 this morning because I heard it do so. Ten minutes later I went upstairs and of course the stupid thing is throwing up an error message. Checked the paperwork, this particular error needs a gas engineer out.

So I ring up the housing association. "Well could you not just put on a jumper or something?" I can't repeat what I responded with or I'd get a ban, but you can probably work it out anyway. Someone arrived 10 minutes ago with a portable electric heater but I can't exactly run it all night, can I? I'm going to have to sleep on the living room floor tonight, it looks like. What fun I get to have.

My dad has not been very supportive with Stripe's illness. I have been telling him about it and when I said he was dragging his back legs a couple weeks ago he suggested he was just trying to clean his butt. I calmly explained he was temporarily paralyzed in the back legs.

Then last night I was so happy he was improving and my dad said he hopes Stripe feels guilty about all the trouble he's caused!

When you have a deadline (less than 3 weeks) and people don't understand that I can't work in their chaos. My work area is chaos of my making but I can't handle other people's chaos. The main reason I have music and headphones in to get me in the zone and not to hear them.

Really wish I had my own place and not have to walk on eggshells to do things.

Back