• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White little dots

So only if he drops more weight, but not if he keeps his 1170?

Do you have any tips how to keep the temperature at their room stable? Now that it's getting colder, I turn the heating on but if it's goes too long it gets too hot and I can't turn it off cause I am at work

I have a question. I was thinking about what might have caused the light brown poops as Jasper started to have them too, but it's clearing up and I will ask the vet about it on Wednesday. The only thing that was changed in their diet recently was that I gave them a new herbal salad mix from p@h, i think it was the dandelion and plaintain one or the tasty herbal salad, I don't remember exactly 😅 but I am more leaning towards the tasty herbal salad one. I introduced it gradually. Only sprinkled a little bit from it and then started to give more. Is that something that can upset their stomach and make their poops light colored. I already throw it away and they didn't had it for a couple days. Things seem to be better, but I was wondering if it's just a coincidence.

Oh and I also reduced their veg. I weighted a portion and it was around 50-60g and Mylo and occasionally Jasper were having kinda soft poops. Still well shaped but as they were stepping on them they were getting misshapen. Now I am striving for 40g. Is that correct? I read somewhere on the forum that around 40-50g is the correct amount.

I have a question. I was thinking about what might have caused the light brown poops as Jasper started to have them too, but it's clearing up and I will ask the vet about it on Wednesday. The only thing that was changed in their diet recently was that I gave them a new herbal salad mix from p@h, i think it was the dandelion and plaintain one or the tasty herbal salad, I don't remember exactly 😅 but I am more leaning towards the tasty herbal salad one. I introduced it gradually. Only sprinkled a little bit from it and then started to give more. Is that something that can upset their stomach and make their poops light colored. I already throw it away and they didn't had it for a couple days. Things seem to be better, but I was wondering if it's just a coincidence.

Oh and I also reduced their veg. I weighted a portion and it was around 50-60g and Mylo and occasionally Jasper were having kinda soft poops. Still well shaped but as they were stepping on them they were getting misshapen. Now I am striving for 40g. Is that correct? I read somewhere on the forum that around 40-50g is the correct amount.

Light poops can mean lots of fibre but not much veg. Not really concerned if I see poops lighter than their normal occasionally.
Dark poops and soft poops, however, mean too much veg has been fed.

It’s very difficult to feed veg by weight due to the differing densities: it really needs to be done by volume - one cup per pig per day.
(I know my veg portion isn’t as low as 40-50g though as I have weighed it in the past for purposes of posts about veg densities etc - but my piggies are all fed a rather wet diet and are used to such a diet. I also don’t feed pellets so have leeway in other areas).

If you weigh veg you are going to get into problems because 50g of lettuce is a large amount when compared to 50g of cucumber for example

Do you have any tips how to keep the temperature at their room stable? Now that it's getting colder, I turn the heating on but if it's goes too long it gets too hot and I can't turn it off cause I am at work

Does it not work on a thermostat?

Reactions: MnJ
I see, so I was definitely overfeeding veg as Mylo's were dark almost black and Jazzy's sometimes to.

The heating works on what I believe is called mechanical thermostat, it is an old one. But it is not working properly and my landlord doesn't really want to bother with it. I know temp fluctuations are not good for them so that worries me.

I noticed that the forum guides are not coming up when looking for them in the search bar on the website,is it supposed to be that way?

Is it normal that they are still scratching a lot? Today they will have their 3rd treatment and to me it looks like they are scratching even more and they are bitting their hair.

Is it normal that they are still scratching a lot? Today they will have their 3rd treatment and to me it looks like they are scratching even more and they are bitting their hair.

If things don’t improve after the third treatment then definitely go back to the vet

I noticed that the forum guides are not coming up when looking for them in the search bar on the website,is it supposed to be that way?

Hi

You can find our guides in thematical order via the Guinea Pig Info shortcut on the extended top bar. They won't come up in a search directly.

Here is the link to our full (and updated) guides collection. I would recommend that you bookmark it for quick and easy access.

• Excellent
The vet did the celo tape test again and there were no live ones 🙌 and I got 2 tubes of the 450. Because they are scratching a lot he said, a bath might be a good idea with oatmeal shampoo to soothe them. He said that they might be scratching because of an allergic reaction/irritation to the death ones. Also he said that it is fine to give them 1 full tube each as not all of it is absorbed. Any thoughts?

Back