• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What is this spot on my GP’s right eye?

PheiChi

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there!

My 5yo GP, Opala, has this white spot on her eye. She’s had it for over a year now and it has grown, slowly. I’ve taken her to the vet and they said it’s a mole, like the moles that we have on our skin, the black ones.

She had had some new black spots appearing on her skin at around the same time this white one showed up. She’s a pink-skinned cavy with light blue eyes (they become red under light).

The vet also mentioned it could be something with her pancreas, but Opala has never showed any symptoms and we’re just supposed to keep watch. No symptoms whatsoever.

Thank you so much for you attention!

Attachments

• IMG_3200.webp
    IMG_3200.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
Links - Eye Conditions - Guinea Lynx Records

I've linked the guinea lynx eye thread for you above.
I think it's what is called Osseous Choristoma, a harmless boney tissue that replaces the soft eye tissue. I've had a piggy with it and there is nothing that can be done about it. Piggies don't seem to take much notice of it but it can limit their eye sight a little.
One of the Forum's health experts will be along soon.

Links - Eye Conditions - Guinea Lynx Records

I've linked the guinea lynx eye thread for you above.
I think it's what is called Osseous Choristoma, a harmless boney tissue that replaces the soft eye tissue. I've had a piggy with it and there is nothing that can be done about it. Piggies don't seem to take much notice of it but it can limit their eye sight a little.
One of the Forum's health experts will be along soon.
Thank you so much! I will look more into it 💕

Back