What Do You Use To Wash Fleece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gutted @HansPiggies, homebargains didn't have that oxi that you use. It did have oxi action but not anti bacterial. Although they did have the dettol laundry cleanser. Does anyone know if this is piggy safe?

I should have said...the one that says "stain remover" I swear is the same as the one that says "kills 99.9% of bacteria" I think they just changed the packaging!

@HansPiggies I read through the tub though and it doesn't mention anti bacterial or killing any germs so I'm guessing it's different to the extra hygiene one :(

I use Aldi Non Bio powder.. its great.. very reasonable price wise... I also add a cap full of white vinegar with each wash and recently have been adding a cap of the Dettol antibacterial stuff..

and all my wee stains come out

piggyowner ive just looked at the halo products and that seems the way to go.will not need to wash at high temps,no need to add other products needed.also it will be good to use non bio halo ,as i have uniforms that need washing .thanks great idea piggyowner.

I've just looked at it too. Sorry @Piggy owner I've just noticed your comment with the link to halo items. I see that liquid is antibacterial, and kills viruses and fungal infections. Will definitely be ordering some of this

I find white vinegar works well as a deodoriser . I put it in the fabric conditioner section of the washing machine.

To make sure all germs are killled, I wash most of my fleeces on 60 degree (celcius) wash and use an unscented brand - such as Surecare

For items that won't tolerate a 60 degree wash, I use

500ml Paragon Flea & Mite Laundry Detergent

do you know if this one is cruelty free? it looks good. thanks :)

I use a free and clear liquid detergent mixed w/ cup or two of vinegar for a large load (I sometimes pre-spray areas that are really soiled w/ 50/50 solution vinegar/water before washing). I don't know if you have Borax there, but I add 1/2 cup (per box instructions) every other week (tip from a member in US forum). So far, I have not had a problem with smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back