• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What do you think?

• Thread starter Thread starter ner188
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondered - will you be getting a little friend for grayci or do you already have other piggies? Would be great if grayci had some piggy company O0

We probably will eventually. She's been alone for several weeks now (at the pet store), so she should be OK for the time being. I'm going to have to expand my cage in order to house two.

Now I'm starting to worry again. Grayci is eating normally and all, but she sneezes sometimes. Is this something I need to worry about?

Also, we've found that her favorite thing is to be scratched lightly along her back. This is when she purrs loudly. It's so cute.

Oh, and one more thing. Both piggies I've had did a short chirp noise, you can hardly hear it, sometimes. Grayci did it in between purrs when she was laying on Heather's tummy this morning and Heather was scratching her back. She made the noise when she wasn't being scratched. Any ideas on what it could mean? I didn't see/hear this one in the sound link posted to me here.

oops! I left the www. bit in but it still doesnt work - oh well!   98)   What am I on today?!

It seems to work if you actually type the address in the bar though and dont use the link Ive given O0

There is a link to oginet.com through petergurney.com anywayz  O0

Hope understand all that gobbledy gook!

Piggies sometimes sneeze if they get in their nostrils.Check your hay and make sure it is not dusty.Of course they can sneeze if they have an urti but there would be other symptoms like runny nose/eyes and the piggy would appear unwell.I do not think you need be concerned about Grayci,just make sure there is no dust and nothing that could cause an allergic reaction(household sprays,in fact,sprays of any kind can cause sneezing).

I will have a look at Peters website to see if there is any problem.You could get in,I think,by just typing Peter Gurney Guinea Pig health into your search.

Peter wrote 7 books about guinea pigs,all of which are worth having,although the earlier ones like The Proper Care of Guinea Pigs has a lot of now out of date info. The updated version of Piggy Potions is worth having and it has some lovely,and very funny.illustrations.None of his books are expensive,round about the £6 to £8 mark.
Mary

Sorry,it is WWW.petergurney.com,not co.uk.My mistake.Have just tried it and it is working fine.It will give you his A-Z guide and other interesting items.

Also typing Peter Gurneys Guiinea Pig health guide pages is working o.k.as well.This will give you Peters original web site which has a lot of info.
Afraid I cannot give you links because I am fairly new to computing and am not sure how to do this-.

Mary

Grayci isn't sneezing now. It was just a couple of sneezes this morning, and after all I went through with Patches, of course I panicked. Grayci seems perfectly healthy. She's eating like crazy, and she's much more squirmy than Patches ever was. I attribute this to the fact that Grayci is healthy, and Patches was sick the entire time we had her.

We let Grayci explore Heather's playroom today, and she loved it. She is the most purry sweet little girl. Even though I'm still quite sad about the loss of sweet little Patches, I'm so glad we decided to get Grayci when we did. It makes the pain of losing Patches so much easier to bear.

I love Peter's site! It is so full of great information. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Fabulous news, glad to hear your little girl is munching away awwwwwww :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes Peter Gurney's site is brilliant, you can also check out Guinea Lynx it's USA based but they have stories on there that people have gone thru, some good advice, but if ever in doubt go see your vets a.s.a.p. O0

I will check out the USA site as well, and I will definitely take Grayci to the vet if she shows any sign of illness. I don't want to lose another one. Thank you!

I changed my avatar to a picture of Grayci. I don't think she's as pretty as Patches was - maybe it's because she doesn't have the white streak down her nose - but I certainly love her personality and the fact that she seems quite healthy.

she looks lovely... try and get some bigger pigtures on here if you can. Would love to see them! O0

Hahahahaha! You asked for the wrong thing! I love taking pictures! ;D

How's this one:

Grayci-3.jpg

(Is there any way to make my photos post smaller, or does it matter?)

awww... what a little darling :smitten:
dont know how to make pictures smaller - but the bigger the better if you ask me! ;)

Thank you. I love her already. :smitten:

I guess I won't worry about the picture sizes unless someone complains, then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back