WHAT DO I TELL THE PIGGIES.

My lot sometimes send me to the M&S "simply (very expensive) food" shop in the train station on my way home from work, they let me pick up a nice bottle of fizzy pink wine if I bring home the premium baby leaf "lollo rosso verde" (posh talk for red and green lettuce) salad bag for them!

No shortage of cucumbers in our Sainsbury’s Local.
They just might not get the variety they have become used to.
Given that Naomi has a tendency to develop slightly squishy poops I’m reducing every pigs ‘ veg intake.
Now they can blame supermarket shortages for short rations and not Naomi!

No shortage of cucumbers in our Sainsbury’s Local.
They just might not get the variety they have become used to.
Given that Naomi has a tendency to develop slightly squishy poops I’m reducing every pigs ‘ veg intake.
Now they can blame supermarket shortages for short rations and not Naomi!
Glad there's no shortage of cucumbers the other side of the Mersey- little Frida is a cucumber addict, if they aren't on her breakfast plate chopped in to Frida-size chunks I get a right telling off! If we encounter a shortage I'll send he round to yours, she'll be the very loud and angry minature ginger piggy muffin climbing through your letterbox then annexing your fridge contents :)

Glad there's no shortage of cucumbers the other side of the Mersey- little Frida is a cucumber addict, if they aren't on her breakfast plate chopped in to Frida-size chunks I get a right telling off! If we encounter a shortage I'll send he round to yours, she'll be the very loud and angry minature ginger piggy muffin climbing through your letterbox then annexing your fridge contents :)
Food parcels can be arranged for your noisy ginger muffin :D:D

Just been to the local Tesco express and coop incase the shelves are bare at asda tomorrow. No cucumbers or peppers but did manage to get lettuce bags, baby corn and green beans. Not great as they haven’t had baby corn or green beans for quite some time due to being overweight but at least it’s better than nothing and they get to eat for the next week

Plenty of veg in Lidl this morning, all the usually piggy things although not as well stocked up with peppers, just had the packs of three again, no family packs or lose and the romaine lettuce were half their usual size, so just ended up having to spend a bit more than usual but the piggies won't be going hungry 🙂🫑🥒🥬

I managed to get everything on my Tesco order except my chicken and bacon pasties for me (cornish pasties as a sub), and a bagged salad - peppery babyleaf rocket (with a bag of rocket as a sub). The lettuce supply is safe for now, lol.

I travel across Liverpool for work, I’ve popped in a couple of places today - my local Tesco(s) was okay, I’m about check Aldi (In my haste, I forgot to actually pick up the Guinea pig veg and cheese, lol!) If any other local members want me to keep up to date (I travel about all over the place!), I can pop in to locations nearby where I’m based that day if it helps put some minds at rest :)

My partner rode his bike to the dark side (North Bristol) today and came back with all the veg and fruit we need from an independent small shop. He said it was really well stocked. It seems this is a Supermarket problem!

My partner rode his bike to the dark side (North Bristol) today and came back with all the veg and fruit we need from an independent small shop. He said it was really well stocked. It seems this is a Supermarket problem!
As someone said on the radio today, that's at least partly because the supermarkets agree prices and place orders months in advance, and they haven't got the flexibility to buy elsewhere to make up for shortfalls - unlike small shops buying direct from importers/wholesalers.
Sadly I don't think I know of any independent greengrocers in my neck of the woods 😕

I know! Couldn’t get peppers the other day in Tesco! I’m starting to panic! It’s like the loo roll over the pandemic except peppers don’t keep 😳😳😳

Sorry, got distracted by something. Anyway: Home - Homegrown - (028) 9181 8318

They seem to still be up and running, can't tell from the site though if it's still the same people in charge as it was waaaaaay back when.
Thanks for that - there’s one near my pet shop, where I get the dogs food, so I could look in there. I’ll look into Homegrown too tho thanks!

Back