• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight loss

ladymary86

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Evening all :)

Just need some advice if that’s okay.

My Georgie has seemed a little off colour lately, he’s not demolishing his hay pile as usual, but is devouring his fresh foods. He usually polishes off his nuggets too but he’s only been getting about halfway down the pot.

I’ve tried all hays I can, Timothy, meadow, orchard, readigrass, he seems content to take a nibble then goes to lie down again.

His poos and wees are normal, I’ve had a good feel all over and can’t see anything obvious, front teeth are okay but obviously can’t check the back ones.

He’s lost about 100g in weight over a month. I don’t know if I’m just being panicky but he just doesn’t seem right. He still comes rushing over at the sound of a rustling packet, he just seems more chill lately.

He’s due his fourth birthday soon. Should I take him to the vet? He hates it with a passion since he had a hospital stay a couple years ago for pneumonia :(

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_2317.webp
    IMG_2317.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 1
Evening all :)

Just need some advice if that’s okay.

My Georgie has seemed a little off colour lately, he’s not demolishing his hay pile as usual, but is devouring his fresh foods. He usually polishes off his nuggets too but he’s only been getting about halfway down the pot.

I’ve tried all hays I can, Timothy, meadow, orchard, readigrass, he seems content to take a nibble then goes to lie down again.

His poos and wees are normal, I’ve had a good feel all over and can’t see anything obvious, front teeth are okay but obviously can’t check the back ones.

He’s lost about 100g in weight over a month. I don’t know if I’m just being panicky but he just doesn’t seem right. He still comes rushing over at the sound of a rustling packet, he just seems more chill lately.

He’s due his fourth birthday soon. Should I take him to the vet? He hates it with a passion since he had a hospital stay a couple years ago for pneumonia :(

Thanks for reading!

Hi

100g gradual weight loss and feeding changes are significant. Please have him thoroughly vet checked. Something is definitely up even if you cannot put your finger on it.

The problem is that a slow weight loss with no obvious symptoms can hint at so many different things:
- Dental issue
- Metabolic organs
- A pain issue somewhere inside the body or head/brain

It is my least favourite symptom to be honest...

Wishing you and George the best for getting to the bottom of it.

Back