• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

very urgent - help

• Thread starter Thread starter nicky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicky

My piggies were in the mum, mummy and two babies, unfortunately my 2 year old daughter went into our garden unattended (I was on the phone :'( ) She opened the run and my dog had one of the babies in his mouth...... :'( :'( :'( Its Lucky, the one that has almost died before, the dog hasnt physically harmed him, he is very wet from dog slobber and he is shocked (I think), he is very quiet and not really moving much. I dont have a car (hubby has got it at work) Its going to take my hubby a while to get to the car to me. What should I do? :'( :'( :'(

Nicky xx

oh my god, shame x x x sending hugs and vibes for poor little lucky your way x x x :-* :-* :-*

Have you got a neighbour who could take you to the vets? Failing that, a taxi.

i would take u but I'm in the south west sorry to hear this x x x

There is no physical injury and no broken skin or teeth marks, nothing like that, he is wet and just "quiet" ie: not moving much, I put him back in the hutch with mummy and he has stayed where I put him :'( :'( :'(

I cant believe this has happened after I saved his life :'( :'( :'(

Nicky xx

Oh dear...

Well, what you should do first is make him a bed in a very quiet room. make him warm and comfortable, and leave him there until you can get to a vet. this happened to one of our piggies - he got knotted up in hay and went into shock - and he came round fine in a couple of days. dont even try to clean him.

:) Put all the piggies in a dark box in a quiet room with some food and water. If you have some Bachs Rescue Remedy you could try giving that. Just phone your vet and have a chat to put your mind at rest. If internal organs have been damaged there's probably nothing that can be done anyway so make them comfy. If nothings damaged the dark and quiet will help them get over the shock. :) Does he seem in pain when you moved him? If he is in pain then a vet visit is a must as there may be internal damage :(

how is he now sweetie x x x (((hugs)))

Bach Flower Rescue Remedy is great for situations of shock! I agree with everything Karen has said about keeping him ina quiet dark place! and get him to the vets as soon as you can.

I hope he's alright :-*

i hope he's ok, i am wishing all my hugs and good thoughts for the little man :(

He is is shock, there is no physical damage and nothing broken, she has given him an injection and said to keep him quiet and warm for the next couple of days, I asked what the chances were of him dying and she said it is possible cause he is only a fortnight old and that its just playing the waiting game :'( :'( :'(

Please pray for him, I will be devastated if I lose him now.

Nicky xx

You will not lose him as you are such a brilliant piggy mum, do as the vet said and he should be fine. Fingers crossed. Well done for getting him down the vets ASAP and what a nice neighbour you have. Keep us informed. O0

Crikey I hope the little fella's alright. Sending prayers and vibes for him . . . :smitten: Keep us informed xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back