• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

underweight guinea pig

• Thread starter Thread starter jom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear this RIp Little Sage. Sounds like you did everything you could for him big hugs

sorry to hear about Sage :'( :'( :'(

dont in any way blame yourself you did everything you possibly could

RIP little Sage

I am so sorry, :'( :'( , I only just caught up on this thread.
Sounds like you did everything possible. :)
RIP Sage. 0:) :smitten:

Like Alfie I've only just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry for your loss and it sounds like you did everything in your power to help the little guy. Run free little man 0:)

Hi, Sorry to read this, we never know whats going on inside really and at least Sage had some warmth, food and comfort in his last months :)

sorry my post letting you know he had died was so short i just couldnt type any more. We knew something was very wrong yesterday as sage was very lathargic he had also became impacted which he hadnt been since i had him his breathing was slow and he smelt bad ( but not a dirty smell). We tried giving him his fav veg but he wasnt interested he wasnt drinking and we decided not to force feed him with a syring as it was obviuosly his time and we didnt want to cause him any stress. we spent most of yesterday with him holding him and talking to him. we went to bed at 1am and i had him next to me in his cage and when we woke up this morning he had died during the night. his brother said goodbye to him and was nudging him at first but then just lay down beside him. we dont have a garden so My oh is going to bury sage on a hill i can see from my bedroom window. I'm so upset i reallt thought he was going to be ok.

Its good that his brother knows what happened too, he will be at peace with it all too :)

:'( thats so sad, its good that you let his brother say goodbye and you did a great job giving him a happy life while you had him :( RIP little man x

hello jom,
i am writing this through the tears, :'( :'(it is so sad that little sage was called to heaven. :'( :'(like many had said, he knew he was loved, and now he is pain free and running round in heaven waiting until you are reunited again. :) :) if you are interested there is a lady here in australia who can make a stuff toy of your love one just by a photo. she does it for people all over the world. she can even put a pouch in them if people want to put their pets ashes in them. her site name is cuddly pets. :-\ :-\
keep little sage in your heart, think of the good times, take care of parsley and know sage will always be with you. :) :)
RIP sage, you knew happiness and you were loved. may you now run free and wait until your brother and mummy join you. RIP little guy. :'( :'( :'(
hugs to you jom and parsley and know you did all you could! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

sooooo sorry to hear about the loss of him :'( :'( :'( 0:) 0:) 0:)
what could he of died from then ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back