• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Uncle Ton not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Went to see Paula this morning 2 weeks earlier than he should've. His front teeth (top ones) are growing way too quick again. :(
His bottom front one are infected and really pong too. He was given a clean and a trim, is on antibiotic Septrim at the moment. Is at risk of getting an abscess in his mouth :(
Paula said to keep a close eye on him, give him much smaller foods (everything now to be grated again) and also to make his dry food mushy - so he's just on the nuggets now so he doesn't get picky :(

She will give me Metacam in a couple of days if I think he is in pain or having too much of a problem eating then to go back at any time.

She wants to see him in 2 weeks. Also noticed that he has lost a bit of weight and will be doing everything to help him.

Came out to me in the car (I can't get in the animal house) and told me everything which I am really happy about. She knows what Tonni means to me.

, Kelly, I'm so very very sorry to hear that.

Darling Uncle Ton :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: I love you so much. Please try to get well as soon as possible for your mummy (and for me)

Loads of love to you and your mummy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh darling. Uncle Tonic is your first priority. If I were you I would take him to Paula much sooner than two weeks, but I know you know a lot more than I do about guinea care.

I'm sending him so much love and healing. x :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

aww thanks, love back always

Think I might just get the Metacam anyways, then I have it :)

Aww poor Uncle Ton :( Hope he get's better soon :smitten:

Get well soon Uncle Ton for all of us, especially your mummy. :-*

Sorry to hear this Kelly, hope he gets better soon xx

:( Get better quick Uncle Ton, sending you biiiiig hugs, and some for Mummy too, to make her feel better as well ;) :) :-*

Awwww thanx all. It means a hell of a lot :smitten:

Got the Metacam - he doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort at the moment so that's good :)

He's munching away fine, but will still mush the nuggets a bit and grate his veggies :)

Aww hell poor little man,Sars and I and the piggies send our love and wishes xxxxx

Sorry to hear Uncle Ton is not feeling well Kelly. I hope he feels better soon. Huge hugs to you.

Oh Kelly you said there was some problems i didn't realise how bad :'(
We are keeping our paws crossed for the little man :-* :-*
Get better soon Ton eat all your veggies and take your medicine, wishing you all the best :smitten: :smitten:
Hugs and kisses to you Kelly :smitten: :smitten:

awww Kelly I do hope he makes a quick recovery try not to worry too much ( I know easier said then done) but hes a tough one and has got a wonderful mummy to look after him, love to you both :-* :-*

big hug for you both................ i an't got a hug picture so you'l have to imagine it ;) :smitten:

Thank you loads to you all, I do love you :smitten: :smitten:

He was a bit moody this morning and had his Septrim (antibiotic) after loads of persuading! He's still eating fine, keep checking on him but he's always having his nap! LOL Nothing unusual there! ;)

In no real pain or discomfort, but have the Metacam and syringes all on my bedside ready - just in case!

Is loving having his grated foods back again! Have to keep Guin seperate a little at teatime as he eats much quicker and nicks Tons, who will normally just have a right old moan at him! LOL

I'll keep you all updated for sure. :)

Starting on some Metacam as he seems to be 'odd' I think his tongue is sore, as he doesn't lick his bottle now to have a drink (he always has), but now takes in the spout and only drinks for a couple of seconds, when it used to be for ages!

Other than that, he's fine today! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back