• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

two boys to be de-nutted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Spring aka Tia's hubby and Harley the aviary piggy are gonna go to be de-nutted next thurs,well that should be fun ::)

at least Spring can go back with his wife and Harley can have some fun with the other two girl aviary piggies ;D

I thought you had got a boar booked in for this week too? You have got that many I get confused ;D

Aww Spring you're gonna still be able to looove your girl Tia once she's had the babies :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Harley i wish you all the best in settling down again afterwards :-* :-*

Pumpkinpiggie said:
I thought you had got a boar booked in for this week too? You have got that many I get confused ;D

nope hun i was waiting for the RSPCA vouchers to come and they were too late when they got here

ive still got Olli to have done so it may have been him

Sehnsucht said:
Pumpkinpiggie said:

nope hun i was waiting for the RSPCA vouchers to come and they were too late when they got here

ive still got Olli to have done so it may have been him
[/quote
Ahh that was the one I would lose track if I had as many piggies as you ;) I must come over to see them all sometime. I will have nice big pocketed coat on though ;D

*whines* Spring and Harley( the OH's pig ::) ) are going to the vets tomm to be " done "

I'm gonna miss Harleys bottom lip hanging down when he looks at me as hes inside at the mo,and ill have a sulking OH when he gets home from work,i can always send him to pick them up ;D,trhats if he doesnt take Harley to work with him like he said he would so he doesnt get the snip ;D ;D 98) 98)

ok theyre both home and sitting there like " wtf happened " :-\ :-\ lol

aww poor fellas! Hope all is well... theyre prob freaking out coz they dont have butt cusions anymore ;D

well they both sat there staring at their food and then both suddenly( in diff cages of course) decided to eat at the same time ;D which is weird...

I'm glad though as JD didnt eat for ages after his op

tomm is bribing with carrots day ;)
but I'm really impressed with the vets yet again,( pity i didnt take Dusty there we wouldnt have lost him then)all i need now is to get Olli the piggy done and the new Flopsie the bunny done when we get him,which is brill as the guy we're getting him off is paying for the op instead of us ;)( yeah i know i thought Flopsie was a girls name ? ) then he can go with Sophie the bunny,and Olli can go with some girls instead of sitting sulking O0

Glad all went well for the boys. Its a fantastic vets I think. I was so worried when Rimmer went for his denutting. Now I know how successfull they are I want a shed full of boy girl pairs ;D well I want them but think the husband might think I have gone off the rails.
I want another baby(human one) and he is coming round slowly to the idea :) Everyone says I am nuts to have another ahh well I love my kids will stop when I have an ugly one ;D or one that cries non stop.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
I want another baby(human one) and he is coming round slowly to the idea :) Everyone says I am nuts to have another ahh well I love my kids will stop when I have one that cries non stop.
Why do you think I've only got one? ;D she screamed & screamed & screamed...get the idea?!

Just out of interest, why do so many of you get your boys neutered? I have 13 boys, 12 of them live in pairs and get on really well. One has been neutered and lives with the girls. He was already neutered when I got him so I don't know what he was like before, but I have to say he seems such a quiet little thing. He is not at all like my other boys I can't help but wonder if the neutering has changed him. I know people say it doesn't alter their character but i'm not sure. Ellie also has one neutered boy, again he was neutered before she got him, and he is also a very quiet boy. Obviously he may have always been like this, we don't know.

This isn't a criticism of anyone who neuters their males, I am just curious as to why so many people get it done. Generally I have never had a problem pairing up two males and all mine seem to live very happily with their mate.

This is just something I am interested in finding out more about. :)

furryfriends said:
Just out of interest, why do so many of you get your boys neutered?  I have 13 boys, 12 of them live in pairs and get on really well.  One has been neutered and lives with the girls.  He was already neutered when I got him so I don't know what he was like before, but I have to say he seems such a quiet little thing.  He is not at all like my other boys  I can't help but wonder if the neutering has changed him.  I know people say it doesn't alter their character but i'm not sure.  Ellie also has one neutered boy, again he was neutered before she got him, and he is also a very quiet boy.  Obviously he may have always been like this, we don't know.

This isn't a criticism of anyone who neuters their males, I am just curious as to why so many people get it done.  Generally I have never had a problem pairing up two males and all mine seem  to live very happily with their mate. 

This is just something I am interested in finding out more about.   :)

I've also noticed Howie (neutered before i got him) is a very quiet chappie too.  Tho' Albie (also neutered before i got him) isn't as quiet but will stand down to Maddie, there n agen everyone stands down to Maddie  ;D

I know people say it doesn't alter their character but i'm not sure.

Both of my boys are done, Brian I've never noticed a change in him, he's always been quiet and not particularly randy but having Casper done definitely changed his personality, he is less of a people pig now but that's because he has 5 ladies to keep him occupied instead ;D I only had him done as I didn't want him living alone, and I didn't have the information available to me then that I have now to have paired him to another boar successfully!

i have boys living together really well but ive been getting 3 or 4 done so they can go with the girls,Harley was with 4 girls in an aviary so we're guessing theyre all preggy,hes going back in with 2 of them when hes ok and Spring who was done yest with Harley is Tia's hubby so he'll be going back in with her and maybe a baby girl or two when theyre born

Olli's going to be neutered because hes a stroppy mare and he can then have a gf or two
i think he might be the last I'm gonna get done and if Tia has any boys I might keep her and her hubby etc as a group

furryfriends said:
Just out of interest, why do so many of you get your boys neutered? I have 13 boys, 12 of them live in pairs and get on really well. One has been neutered and lives with the girls. He was already neutered when I got him so I don't know what he was like before, but I have to say he seems such a quiet little thing. He is not at all like my other boys I can't help but wonder if the neutering has changed him. I know people say it doesn't alter their character but i'm not sure. Ellie also has one neutered boy, again he was neutered before she got him, and he is also a very quiet boy. Obviously he may have always been like this, we don't know.

This isn't a criticism of anyone who neuters their males, I am just curious as to why so many people get it done. Generally I have never had a problem pairing up two males and all mine seem to live very happily with their mate.

This is just something I am interested in finding out more about. :)
I had my boar done so he did not have to live a lonely life ,yes I could of paired him with another boar. But I could of ended up spliting them up then I may of had two boars living a lonely life. I got two sows first then an online friend had an a surprise baby from her piggies I fell in love with him and wanted him. I had him neutered and he now lives a happy life with my sows. I whole heartedly recomend neutering and think every boar deserves a few girlfriends plus if more people neutered boars there would be a lot less guineas in rescues waiting for a forever home.

Thanks to everyone who has answered my question. :) I can definitely see reasons for and against neutering although I do have some concern about putting them through an operation which isn't entirely necessary. I realise the risks are minimal but every operation carries some risk.

My neutered male, Tigger, has been living with Hannah for about six months now and to be honest neither of them seem to be particularly interested in the other. Its as though they have nothing in common. I have just moved them in with five other girls and Hannah seems to be interacting with the other girls but again Tigger just doesn't seem interested. On the other hand my paired males seem to have quite a rapport going between them.

I guess it could well be that Tigger has always been a quiet, unassuming character. After all they do all come with very different personalities. :)

The main reason I have neutered my boars is the health issues and secondly pair them up with sows. :)

its so funny to see neutered males still think they can strut their stuff with the females,JD was done a few weeks ago and hes in with Bubbles and Autumn and he walks round like he owns the place,they just kinda say " talk to the hand cos the face aint listening boy " then he sits and sulks on his house for an hour with his back to them

My sow use to kick my boar in the face to say I've got a headache or if she was eating do you mind, then he use to sulk but he wouldn't give up, I am surprise he still had a face after the amounts of kicks he got. No means no. :)

i got star neutered because we thought we bought 3 sows and p@h got it wrong with him. He was a cheekie chappie before the op and no change after still a cheeky chappie, he has loads of personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back