Truffle and Polo

Truffolo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there, I am a first time guinea pig parent, with two approximately 7 month old boars, Truffle and Polo. Polo is named after the sweet, but also after a Polo neck jumper as his fur sits up a little bit. Don't worry, I don't clothe them. Here are their piccies:

Attachments

• 20240406_114417.webp
    20240406_114417.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240406_163800.webp
    20240406_163800.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of guinea pigs. I have two boars too, Dignified Sir George and his boisterous companion Mischievous Master Boris who are collectively known as The Beastie Boys.

Truffle is boss, and Polo is good at humouring him, but sometimes flumps him away, just now and then. I am kind to both of them and it seems to keep them content. I have to be confident but kind with them, and keep them calm. I need to get a bigger cage with more room for tunnels, which they love. They are skittish and don't enjoy being picked up but are getting to accept stroking and are quite good once on my lap or the towel for grooming, health checks and lap time.

Hi and welcome! Your pigwigs are gorgeous, do post more pigtures of them when you can :wub:

When I need to move them into their play area, I get them to walk into a tunnel and can carry them in that. It saves them from struggling and twisting as I pick them up, which I worry might injure them 🚕

When I need to move them into their play area, I get them to walk into a tunnel and can carry them in that. It saves them from struggling and twisting as I pick them up, which I worry might injure them 🚕
That’s a great idea! It makes moving them so much safer and easier for us. Your boys are gorgeous 💙💙

I'm glad you had fun boys. Those log tunnels are great for holding slices of veg and sprigs of herb for them to find too.
Ah, I never thought of that, excellent idea, incentive for more exercise too! Like it 👍

Back