• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tonni has a cold again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My poor baby is suffering again :( He's got a bit of vick on his nose like last time and is currently in the front room (which is much warmer) , curled up asleep!

Do you think it has something to do with his age that he has a cold again?

x

awww bless him, got visions of him curled up on a rug toasting his little butt in front of the fire, maybe as they get older their immunity to bugs and viruses drops which means hes picking them up more easily :-*

LOL yeah - I'll get some pics :D

You're right :)
He justs scares me some days, more so of his age :(

Darling Tonic, get well very very soon.

We are all sending loads of love to you and so looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks xxxxx

a couple of our girls have colds at the mo,I'm hunting round for some vick to put on their noses
i feel so sorry for them although we have some spare baytril ive put in their water :'(
i hope it works

kellyandpiggies said:
Aww, he's not as bad at the moment -vick on his nose and he's had some Tixylix!
is it ok to give that to them :)? Hils mentioned calpol too

I have :) Used to give them calpol too - but that is sometimes more of a pain reliever. Tixylix I've got is for runny, sore and blocked up noses - infant colds

kellyandpiggies said:
I have :) Used to give them calpol too - but that is sometimes more of a pain reliever. Tixylix I've got is for runny, sore and blocked up noses - infant colds
theyve got stuffy nose and sneezes and watery eyes,not too bad but they dont look happy piggies but the good thing is theyre eating and playing

kellyandpiggies said:
aww yeah, that's how Tonni was - he's never off his food anyways! :)

so you recommend Tixylix?
i thought that was for coughs?

kellyandpiggies said:
Well I use it and it has worked - the infant one does all
ok brilliant,ill pop and get some in a few mins,how much did you give them at a time?

Just got the bottle - for coughs and colds, soothes coughs, clears congestion and relieves runny and blocked noses

ok got it and given it out
the faces they pulled was hilarious and ive not got sticky fingers and they have sticky chins,lol

You have to be extremely careful when doing things like this at home - respiratory infections are almost always caused by bacteria that need to be treated with antibiotics. Inexperienced owners reading this should bear this in mind when considering what to do with a pig with a runny nose.

Recurrent URIs can also indicate heart problems.

daftscotslass said:
You have to be extremely careful when doing things like this at home - respiratory infections are almost always caused by bacteria that need to be treated with antibiotics. Inexperienced owners reading this should bear this in mind when considering what to do with a pig with a runny nose.

Recurrent URIs can also indicate heart problems.

Totally agree with you, but am an experienced owner, not an expert by any means, but do know quite a bit on them - Tonni being almost 7 :)

I gave Ton 0.2 ml morning and night for almost 2 days :) Piggies all over a year? Young ones I only give half the dosage or 0.15 ml depending on age

He's not snuffly now :)

kellyandpiggies said:
I gave Ton 0.2 ml morning and night for almost 2 days :) Piggies all over a year? Young ones I only give half the dosage or 0.15 ml depending on age

He's not snuffly now :)
2 are over a year the others just under so ill give them what you said ;)

Get better quickly Tonic :-* :-*
Glad to hear your feeling a little better now after your meds, LOL licking it off mummys fingers soo cute :-*

looks like Ill have to take Tia to the vet as its not improving
*sighs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back