• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

This is not good!

• Thread starter Thread starter guinea_girl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad Lenny has done some poops. I was so worried about you giving that poor boy and enema. We have to give our cat regular enemas and they are so invasive and harsh. Guineas aren't as substantial as cats and i just couldn't imagine how they would react to one. :)

!fd!As you read Peter Gurneys health pages,you might be interested to know that it would have been his birthday today.He is very much missed. Mary

Aw, poor little Lenny, glad he has finally managed some poops! I hope he gets better soon, are you still going to take him to the vets or is he continuing to get better?

Hi Guinea Girl,Would it be possible for you to find a different vet?, I just cannot beleive that a vet should recommend an enema for a guinea pig, but he should NOT have advised you to do this proceedure yourself.A proceedure like this could be dangerous and should only be carried out by a qualified vet with the assistance of a vet nurse.I have never heard of an enema be given to a piggy and am not convinced it would be a safe proceedure for them because of the structure of the bowel and anus.I certainly would not attempt anything like this.Maybe some of you do know of piggies that have had this proceedure done,if so,please let us know,because it is a very interesting topic. Mary

Hi all, been busy. I have a new PT job helping my MIL in the office downstairs. I wanted to say THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME WITH LENNY! O0 He is doing well and I wanted to say this. He is not puffed up in the corner anymore. He is still a tad fat, but its not hard so I think its just his size now. He was popcorning around last night running circles in the new big house they are in. I have been taking them all outside since it has been very warm here and they have 3 30ft of pipe circled around our backyard that they have been running through together. They enjoy it. I think he is totally well. They have all been drinking lots of water and eating well. My Chester has made it over a pound now! Ruxpin isn't afraid of me anymore and Lenny is still the sweetest by far that I have. Again, I just wanted to say thanks for the help. ;)

Youre very welcome
It's good to know that Lenny is feeling better

Now that this is over for him, would you consider putting aside a little money each week for vets bills. If you save something regulary and dont miss it, then when you have to take a piggy to the vet the money is already there. This way you dont have to worry about the cost, and the piggy can get help straight away.
Its what some of us on here do and its worth it

I couldn't get on the forum yesterday...it kept saying "page cannot be found" so I was replying back to the last post. I will be able to put money aside because I am working PT now as well as my video business, so I am making extra money every week now. Again, thanks for all help. Lenny is a NEW MAN!! :D

Yeah Lenny :-* :-* :-*, i'm so so glad for you :) :)

I had the same problem with the internet also, must've been a glich somewhere in the system, oh well we're here now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back