• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

theres something wrong with merlins poos

• Thread starter Thread starter Lez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately he doesnt like corn, he is very picky with food. i ran out of carrots last night, but an off food shopping in a bit so am picking more up then.

i usually get pro-biotics from the vet, can you buy it as well anywhere?

i have been topping up his readigrass and hay all day and he is munching that well and he is eating his dry food at the min

Bio -Lapis is (as far as I know only available from the vet,but Karen has mentioned something called Avipro,which I beleive you can get from a pet shop.

Avipro is available from SPH Supplies have never seen it in pet shops, only at shows and online. I wouldn't give Diocalm etc either, it only masks the symptoms if it is bad and you need to cure the problem if there is one. See how he goes on the hay etc. Lots of water too.

thanks for that. i thought id seen u mention it somewhere.think ill get some in just in case

good news, i just checked up on him and theres improvement! the poos are still a little bit soft, but he no longer has a runny bum, so i think he will be all cleared up by tomorrow if all goes well.

ill keep him off the greens and definately the cucumber for a few days just to be sure :)

Lez said:
good news, i just checked up on him and theres improvement! the poos are still a little bit soft, but he no longer has a runny bum, so i think he will be all cleared up by tomorrow if all goes well.

ill keep him off the greens and definately the cucumber for a few days just to be sure :)

Glad he's getting better, my Albie frequently has "clumpy poops" ive found celery makes him worse, cucumber he's fine with. Probiotics definitely help him too :)

Poor Merlin, first he has to go thru the treatment :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: and now this :'( :'( :'( :'(
Heaps of healing wheeks from Duke and lots of gentle kisses on his cute nose and ears :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

awwwwwwwwwwwww merlin says thank you :smitten: :smitten: he looking a lot better now should be fully back to normal in the morning :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back