The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

Lovely to hear that Mourne is setting in. Our neighbour boys- have always loved snaffling hay from each others side.

“Peg the blanket to the grids time”
Made me smile, we have that too- followed quickly by a pea flake at bedtime.

Lovely to hear that Mourne is setting in. Our neighbour boys- have always loved snaffling hay from each others side.

“Peg the blanket to the grids time”
Made me smile, we have that too- followed quickly by a pea flake at bedtime.

I was told he's an escape artist, and I watched him fall over (and laughed my head off, sorry Mourne) trying to find a way past the roof grid barrier when he'd been in the cage all of 10 minutes, so I believe it. The blanket is just that extra bit of security overnight, haha.

Hay from the other side is always the best, especially if the neighbour has seasoned it!

Bann has thus far shown no interest in Mourne's hay, but I did notice him manage to get hold of a slice of pepper meant for Mourne and not himself. I also noticed that somehow Mourne missed this entirely. 🤨

I went next door for a bit, came home, no sign of Mourne. Uh oh.

He was asleep in a pile of hay underneath a fleecy forest. Of course he was. Of course my initial panic he'd escaped was unfounded.

Also Bznn has started rumbling back at him, which seems to have confused him somehow. Newsflash - Bann is a guinea pig and makes guinea pig noises! :))

So in order to open and close the lounge curtains I have to step into Bann's enclosure. If Bann is out and about at the time he'll dive for his bed or carrot cottage for safety from The Feet.

Mourne is unaffected by this because he's further down the wall, but without failure if Bann dives for his bed, Mourne dives for his bed or tunnel too. He usually works out pretty quickly "oh wait I'm fine" but it's always kind of funny to watch.

Mourne's had the zoomies for 5 min straight, only pausing occasionally to have a snaw at the bars next to Bann's bed, and constantly punctuated with high pitched chatter.

Bann's in bed and he's not getting out.

All this apparently because I gave Mourne a baby pepper. Apparently he really likes baby peppers, he doesn't get this excited about the normal ones.

So Bann is taking his meds like a champion, including the Baytril. Wonders will never cease. I mean I'm grateful but it's Baytril, I won't pretend he loves it but he doesn't whinge about the syringe being in his mouth.

Really hoping Mourne doesn't come down with it too. Bann's breathing sounded horrific last night, but it seems to have eased a bit this morning. I'll happily never hear breathing like that again.

Back