• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Taking Cuzzy back the vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Maisynpoppy,

He seems to be brighter. I gave him some cc at 5:45 he ate half of it and had some water. I've just given him some more cc but he wasn't fussy but he has had a full egg cup of water syringe fed. Overall he has had 3 and a half syringes of food today which is more than the vet said so I think he is full, but I'll put some hay and cucumber in for tonight and green pepper which is his favourite.

If I run out of cc I'll have to get more but fingers crossed he may start eating tomorrow.

Louise
x

He refused cc this morning but has eaten a piece of Romaine and has nibbled half a stick of green pepper so some improvement with the fresh foods. :)

I think I'll ring the vet for another batch of cc, handy to have it in. :)

Cuzzy is turning into a wriggler which is usually for him so looks like he is getting back to his old self.

Louise
x

Pleased Cussy is on the mend Louise. Murphy was hypo last night tearing around all over. He weaks at the smell of Science Recovery lol. Pleased our poorly boys are doing well :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Sammy,

Well he has gone off the cc. He'll have a syringe full then wriggle like mad. So after that I give him some water and a piece of romaine and he enjoys that.

Earlier I was feeding the other pigs who were all squeaking and Cuzzy started too so thats a great sign. He is still a little wobbly but so much better than he was. Peter will sleep on the sofa tonight to make sure he is ok. We are all rooting for him, he is such a brave little boy.

I love all my pigs but Cuzzy is special! :D

Louise
x

Dear Cuzzy

You really should have a go and eat up your CC. I'm on Science as i have been off my food too. I love it i even weaked my head off when mum was mixing it up last night. Mum gave me my Science for brekky then left me a big bowl of greens today while she was at work and i didnt have to have any Science from dad as i ate the whole bowl of greens. Just had Science for tea but I'm sure i wont need it much longer.

So come on Cuz eat up your CC and get strong like i am now.

You dont want your mum worrying anymore now do you.

Lots of love Murphy x x

Hi Murphy,

It's just so yukky though, Mum gave me some lettuce last night and I ate it all. In the night I also ate some celery which pleased mum when she checked on me at 4am. Mum said I'll have to have some cc after when I have my medicine but I am feeling a lot better and I've got my wheek back.

Keep eating your greens Murphy...wheek...wheek!

Cuzzy
x

Hi Louise.
I'm playing catch up, as I've been away all week.
(((((((((( BIG HUGS ))))))))))
How's Cuzzy doing today.
Anne. x

Hi Katie, thanks for your best wishes. :)

Anne, he is a lot better, drinking water on his own now which is a relief as I've had to syringe feed him it for days! He is now eating cabbage, I think he prefers greens as lot less work to do on the munching and obviously celery and green pepper hurt him more.

I've currently got my girls wheeking at me for a pot noodle...lol I'm so late with my dinner just been out with my Dad for curtain rails so delayed in giving them dinner and now I'm having a quick snack they want it! :)

Louise
x

Cuzzy it's your mates from OZ, we're REALLY happy that your improving and eating a bit more by yourself now O0 O0 O0
Be good for your mummy and have your CC, i don't mind mine but i have it with some baby pureed apples in it YUMMOOOO
Sending some healing wheeks for you mate :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Glynis! :)

I'm eating cucumber now. Mum chops it up for me but it still hurts to eat harder things like celery. Mum thinks I'm lazy as I want everything brought to me instead of me getting it for myself! Mum is still giving me 1 lot of cc when I have my medicine but I can manage to eat lettuce and cabbage.

Mum is still sleeping on the sofa to make sure I am ok in the night and she checks on me. Flora and Fleur keep her up with them drinking through the night, they watch me from their cage and wheek at me.

Well I better get some sleep, all this typing is wearing my paws out!

Cuzzy
x

Night Mate :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
You keep it up, we're all real proud of you here in OZ O0 O0 O0

Louise i'm so thrilled for you both, it's a huge hurdle that he's got over, well done :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Hugs from me and piggie kisses from Duke for being such a great mummy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Glynis for your kind words. :)

Just thought I would update. I'm no longer given cc just some water and Cuzzy's medicine in a syringe now. I have noticed an improvement today although he hasn't ate as much as yesterday but he had ate cabbage and obviously it is more filling.

He has been trying to popcorn a little and jumped into his cosy cup from his cage so he is getting more active. I guess he is getting his strength back. He is still sleeping a bit too much for my liking but again I think he is just recovering. It's been a slow progress but then he has had a URI and an ear infection to contend with!

Louise
x

Hi Katie,

Yeah I think he should be ok, (still got fingers crossed) he ate some cucumber and isn't grinding his teeth as much and has started following my hand around the cage again when I'm cleaning up!

It's great when they start getting better! :)

Louise
x

Hi All,

Just a quick update! Just come back from the vets and he is ok! :D No need to go back! the vet who saw him was the same one who saw Cuzzy at his worst when he had a wry neck and was falling over. He didn't hold out much hope but he was overjoyed with his progress.

I said he was still only eating soft veg but didn't manage a strip iof yellow pepper, he said he will get his confidence back to eat more. He is wheeking and has gained 50g since being ill so only 25g off his original healthy weight so looks like he will be ok! :)

Such a relief and I know I've harped on about him a lot but coming here has been an outlet, family don't realise how important my pigs are and how seeing them happy and well fills me with happiness too, or maybe I'm just crazy! :D

Thanks for all your support and best wishes it means a lot.

Louise
x

Louise, that's fantastic news O0 3 cheers for cuzzy ;)

Hope everythings okay, hows cuzzy now? Maybe try some organic veggy baby food, the ones in the little jars?

Eat up Cuzzy!

Thanks guys, he is doing well now. PP I have tried the baby foods and he hates them...lol But if he continues to not eat as well I will give him some cc. He ate some toms last night and a bit of lettuce. He loves Hay and is eating lots of that and I'm still syringing water but he is eating so thats great.

He is slowly getting his wheek back now and I think his strength and everyday there is an improvement, he is still on antibiotics but they are almost finished. :)

Thanks again!

Louise
x

Great news Louise. O0
keep up with recovery Cuzzy. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back