• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Taking Cuzzy back the vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Cuzzy seemed a bit brighter last night and he is eating a bit and has gained wait by 50g. But he is very wobbly on his feet and has fallen over twice. He seems to be holding his head at an angle as well which makes me think it could be an ear infection?

He doesn't want to eat at the mo and I have an appointment at 3:10.

Louise
x

Hi Guys,

Thanks! Yes it is an ear infection. Could he just get an ear infection without an URI? I suspect this if so he wasn't this bad yesterday. I was heartbroken earlier I thought he was on his last! :(

Still not right but hopefully he will be ok. Vet wouldn't commit but they never do but he is only 5 months. He has had a shot of an antihystemine. (sp)

Going the vets tomorrow as well! :)

Louise
x

Oh dear poor Cuzzy :( i hope he's feeling beeter soon louise, everyones pigges seem to be in thewars lately :( x

Hi Emma,

They do don't they? I'm just going to give him some CC hope he takes it I'll water it down a bit more if he finds it too thick. I'm having a Halloween party as well so trying to sort the kids out and Cuzzy is proving such a job!

Louise
x

Hi Louise,

Hope the party goes well.
Yes pigs can get ear infections without an URTI.
You said vet gave antihistamine inj. did you mean antibiotic?,I hope so!.

Hi Katie and Mary,

Just tried giving him some critical care. He had a couple of drops but lost interest. managed to get some carrot and some lettuce in him. He seems to be ok with hay at the moment so topped that up for him and hopefully he will much it in the night. Peter just checked him and he is eating cucumber I put cucumber, shredded carrot and romaine on top of his hay he seems to manage better with small pieces placed on the bottom of his cage so he doesn't have to lift his head far.

Mary, I got it wrong, sorry about that it was a ANTI-INFLAMMATORY Metacam to be precise. Glad to hear they can get ear infections without URI , I really don't think he had one, he had no snuffles or chestiness so I'm a bit confused about it.

Also as he has head tilt at the moment and if he does get better will the head tilt stay? Guess I'll ask my vet. Fingers crossed for him. I am prepared for the worst but if I can keep him eating little and often which has been ok up to now that hopefully he can get over it. He is only 5 months so age is with him. :)

Katie hope Tiger is alright, I don't know these Shelties give us more wrinkles! I've been such a bad member on here since Cuzzy got sick, all my time is taken up with him! :)

Take care,

Louise
x

Hi Louise, Just thought I'd send you a hug, and don't forget to take care of yourself as well ;)
sammy xx

Aw, I know, little tykes, but I really hope he perks up soon, will be thinking of you and Cuzzy tonight. Let us know how he is tomorrow.

Lots of love,
Katie & Tiger
x

I am surprised the vet did not prescribe an antibiotic,but I guess he has a reason.
I had a pig with an ear infection a while age,and he was back to normal within 3 days.The head tilt is caused by pain,so will right itself when the pain has eased.
Hugs for Cuzzy,earache is nasty,have had it myself.

Hi Mary,

He is on antibiotics too. Another one beginning with M! :) Glad to hear they can get over this. Of course I've been reading up and reading horror stories. I should just come here for the best advice. I suffer with my ears too and it's horrid!

Louise
x

Hi All,

Well Cuzzy seems a little bit straighter in his cage this morning. He has had a couple of bits of cucumber in the night. And doesn't seem to be swinging his head from side to side as much. He just ruffled his fur up but never fell over which is a good sign as he fell over yesterday.

His eyes look clearer but this is without picking him up so will check him over when I get back from the school run. He wants to drink but can't lift his head high enough so will syringe him some water as well as the cc.

Also going to try some baby foods and smoothies as he isn't over keen on the cc.

Going the vet at 11ish so will post when I get back!

Louise
x

How's the little one today?

Cuzzy we're hoping that you're now munching by yourself :) your such a brave little guy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Hugs for you Louise it's hell isn't it :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Piggie kisses for you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi ,

He has just had some green pepper only a small amount. He is back down to 700g which is a 2oz weight loss. He seems to like hay at the mo and has totally gone off the critical care but I'll keep offering different veg. He didn't like the smoothies!

He seems a bit more awake today and sniffing everywhere, I think he has improved its just getting him to eat a bit more.

Louise
x

Hi Lucinda,

No I haven't where to I get that from?

Louise
x

Hi Katie,

Vet was pleased with him. He is a lot brighter, no flickering in his eyes. Generally looks better and no discharge from the eyes or snuffles. He is grinding his teeth a little but I suspect that is because of his ears. Was having real problems with getting the cc in him but when we came back I wrapped him in a towel and he ate the lot. Will give him some more at 1:30, I've got to go and take my car to get the brake lights fixed so I'm hoping to be back here at 3:30 to give him some more, Emily is in school until 4:15 at art club so really I'm trying to live a life around syringe feeding...lol

I'm feeling a lot more confident about him now, actually I didn't know how I'd cope if they got in. I'm a terrible panicker but I think I've done ok...lol

Just gonna catch up on Tiger's thread now, hope he is ok!

Louise
x

Aw glad he's doing well Louise, you get used to them being ill (id know ::) ) dont panik he's doing well and so are you :) x

Thanks Emma,

He's just sitting there now. I did ask the vet about Megazorb and he said that it could cause the sniffles. So I've ordered some Hay, I don't mind using the hay and cleaning them out twice a week.

Take care,

Louise
x

Thanks Black Jack :)

Just come back from getting my brake lights fixed and he is sitting there watching everything. He has had 2 large helpings of cc so hopefully he feels a bit better in himself. Will give him some more at 3:30.

It's worse than looking after a baby, but worth it if he gets well! :)

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back