• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

spine injury

• Thread starter Thread starter Furby
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
kayjay said:
baby-wilson said:
aww RIP llitte one :'(

I'm glad Nutmeg is doing better :) I have a 5 year old cousin and she always asks to hold my guinea pigs but I tell her no... she is so rough with my nans cat and I would hate for her to harm my pigs...

Children and Guinea Pigs dont mix... they are very delicate creatures and need to be treated with respect...

With your cousin I would let her have one on her knee UNDER SUPERVISION of course - after all children do need to be taught to respect and be gentle with animals and if they're not allowed to hold them they'll never learn. My 6 year old son does hold my piggies but I always make sure he's sitting on the floor, so there is nowhere to drop them to, and I've taught him to be gentle.

Yer... I let her pat wilson and will eventually let her hold him but she always wants to hold cindy too ;d but she cant obviously because she is pregnant... i promised her she could see the babies though so soon when cindy decides to have the bubs we can all have a playtime together or somthing... under my supervioion of course! :)

Not just guinea pigs though..

even the animals that are suppose to be able to stick up for themselves (e.g. cats and dogs) can be in serious danger when left unsupervised. Sad story to go with that:

My boyfriends nephew. They bought a kitten when he was like three or four aswell. He was lovely with the kitten, not rough at all.
But then they told the kid to clean up and tidy away his toys, and he did - including the cat :(

He put the cat into the toy box and closed the lid - the poor thing suffocated. :( Mind you the boy didnt know any better, as far as he was concerned he just did what his parents had told him to, but its an awful thing to happen :(

I'm really sorry about what happened to Polly and nutmeg. this is all a learning curb for you, and maybe when your daughter is more mature, you can allow her to have guinea pigs agan, if i was you, i wouldnt not let her have animals, because, your poor daughter probably feels bad enough, when i was 6, i killled a frog, because i wanted 2 see how long he survived underwater, i was haunted about it for 4 years. so she doesnt want to be punished. why not get her sea monkeys? you can get them off ebay, and its a tank filled with powder that hatches into tiny creatures, i had some when i was little.

never, put a piggy with younger kids, i had my piggies out when i got them, and my little cousin who is 6, cant even hold one, my older cousin who is 11, helps me out when hes round, but he is never left on his own. because he doesnt respect animals has much.

rip little piggy, one question, what are you going to do about nutmeg?

All our sea monkeys have now died, we forgot to feed them :embarassed: We did keep them alive for nearly a year though which is more than most

I wondered about Nutmeg, how is she?

I would be surprised if furby comes on as her screen name for some time, will probable cruise the site under a guests name, prob will feel uncomfortable with the the response she got,

my parents thought they shud b cleaned out, and the all got poured down the sink :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back