Shed info please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gunna do it..still need to make sure my dad is serious but I'm hopeful. We can turn it into a shed, insulate it with the thermal stuff, maybe put wood on top, maybe not, put lino on floor, make piggy cage and whalah! oh and add heater and light..also if I do it it will probably be alarmed if dad can do it for me.

Do you think it needs to be insulated?

I think insulation is more or less the same as the thermal stuff on the walls. Think I'm going to do it too :) we can have twin sheds ;D mine will probably be nearer christmas because need to actual buy the shed and put it up ::) quite excited now to have my own piggie place! x

jnenbnb said:
Is it safe to put them into a shed around christmas or will it be too cold? x

I think it should be fine aslong as the shed is warm when you put them in? After all, some people would put their piggies out in the run on freezing days (even though we know the fluctuations are bad) and they never suffer any ill effects..really, if the shed is warm and your house it's boiling then I think they'll be fine.

Jane my convector heater is expensive to use even though its on a thermostat it eats at the electric . I use a heat lamp too which my husband made and is very cheap to run but I am waiting for him to make another as one does not give out quite enough heat to be able to swap them from house to hutch.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
Jane my convector heater is expensive to use even though its on a thermostat it eats at the electric . I use a heat lamp too which my husband made and is very cheap to run but I am waiting for him to make another as one does not give out quite enough heat to be able to swap them from house to hutch.

How did he make the heat lamp? I think you've told us about it before but I can't rememember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back