Sad News And Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry for your loss. We lost our 6-year-old sow pretty abruptly as well last month. She seemed okay the day before, appeared listless in the morning, went downhill very quickly and passed away that night. It was such a shock that it all happened so fast, even though I knew that she was a senior. So I really feel your pain. It's so hard to lose a pet we've loved. I still find myself having moments where I just miss Linney so much. :(

We did get a friend for Sundae, our surviving pig, as she was clearly very lost and agitated and kept wheeking for us as if she didn't want to be alone, which really is not her normal behavior. Sundae is 4.5 years old, but since we do plan on having more piggies for the long haul and because rescuing older pigs and pig dating in Canada is not as much of an option, we got a young sow, about 4 months old. They have settle in together now and Sundae is much happier. I was afraid that having such a youngster might stress her out a bit, but she largely just ignores Hadley when she popcorns around like a crazy young thing, and Hadley seems to see Sundae as a protector/mom figure and loves to cuddle up with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back