Rspca Adoption Process & New Piggy Mommy Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck hope all goes well. You could maybe put a shelf area (I've seen some made out of wood attached to the bars in the cage as the roof is quite high in those cages) in the 120 cage to give them more room too for like a kitchen area. As some boars need a lot of space.

Already on it :nod: as soon as I had the phone call I was planning what too do with the cage. I was thinking of a loft area for their food etc with a ramp, I've taken the plastic hutch thingy out for more floor space also! We're off too b&q this afternoon for the cupboard wood so I may get an extra piece for the loft :yahoo: xx

I passsssssssssssssed :yahoo:

I can see why you all said there was nothing too worry about! I had a really good chat to the point where...............
I Am going to be a foster carer too :yahoo:

Can't wait I'm sooooo excited! I'm all alone in my house just wondering around I dunno what too do with myself :D
Xx

Well done you... :yahoo:

I passsssssssssssssed :yahoo:

I can see why you all said there was nothing too worry about! I had a really good chat to the point where...............
I Am going to be a foster carer too :yahoo:

Can't wait I'm sooooo excited! I'm all alone in my house just wondering around I dunno what too do with myself :D
Xx

That's fantastic news ! :yahoo:

Great to hear you're interested in fostering too !

That's fantastic news ! :yahoo:

Great to hear you're interested in fostering too !

Thanks guys! I'm so excited. I asked the home visitor what I could do too help and she told me various ways but the fostering really tugged on my heart strings :love:
Hubby is going to modify the cupboard so that I could have the foster cage underneath my boys, bless him! So you never know you may be coming too me for your next rescue piggies :D
Xx

Congratulations, I'm thinking of adopting from Walsall and was nervous about an home visit but I think I am going to go ahead and contact them. Still getting my stuff but as it sounds like it might take awhile to process, might be worth contacting them now

Congratulations, I'm thinking of adopting from Walsall and was nervous about an home visit but I think I am going to go ahead and contact them. Still getting my stuff but as it sounds like it might take awhile to process, might be worth contacting them now

It is useful to hear of peoples experience, home visits aren't as scary as you first think. Exciting times getting piggies

Hello, I wouldn't say the process was long at all! With Walsall I had the home visit on Wednesday and we picked them up last night (Friday) omg they are adorable I will get pics soon I am just letting them settle in first!
However my home visitor said that Birmingham usually takes 3 weeks too process but Walsall are on the ball! So I would suggest you get your cage etc sorted first :)
My hubby was originally saying that these piggies were all mine, but his face when he saw them awwww then he started talking too them like babies :)
I have received my foster application form and I will be filling it in today so that's all going ahead :)
Xx

image.webp image.webp image.webp Hi everyone, so meet my new babies...
the white fluffy one is Ted because he reminds me of a fluffy teddy bear, and the chocolate one is chewy because we think he looks like chewbacca :D
We picked them up from their foster mommy on Friday so they are still quite shy although they are definitely growing in confidence already, last night they had their dinner and ran around the run popcorning as they went it was lovely too see them enjoying themselves!
They are approx 5 months old and as you can see Ted is already huge, so I have decided to ditch the ferplast cage and build a double storey c&c cage for them if I can figure out how many grids I need :roll:
I have also handed my foster application in and waiting too hear back. I am so glad that I plucked up the courage to adopt with all of your support!
x

:love::love: They are so cute. You will love c&c cages. Don't forget to get "slidebinders" for the edge of the corex (if you're using corex) as my guys like chewing the corex up :evil:. I got my slidebinders off e bay. (They r normally used to keep bundles of paper together)

:love::love: They are so cute. You will love c&c cages. Don't forget to get "slidebinders" for the edge of the corex (if you're using corex) as my guys like chewing the corex up :evil:. I got my slidebinders off e bay. (They r normally used to keep bundles of paper together)
Thank you, they are soooooo gorgeous aren't they!
Ted is bigger than my cat used to be and actually the same colours it's like Jenny has been reincarnated as a piggie! :D
I have ordered the safco mesh cubes from wayfair with a 10% off code that I found, and I also bought the correx yesterday so just waiting for them too arrive now. Have you got the link or sellers name for those slidebinders? I think I know the ones you mean but I've had cheap ones in the past that just split.
I'm thinking of doing a 4x2 with a 1x2 loft if they figure out how to use the ramp, they are still quite nervous so it will take time :nod:
I am finding that one of them is making the low rumble noise to the other one quite a lot (think it's ted) so I'm going to get two of everything! It's weird because they rely on each other for comfort and confidence but then territorial on food and bridges :cool:
x

Thank you, they are soooooo gorgeous aren't they!
Ted is bigger than my cat used to be and actually the same colours it's like Jenny has been reincarnated as a piggie! :D
I have ordered the safco mesh cubes from wayfair with a 10% off code that I found, and I also bought the correx yesterday so just waiting for them too arrive now. Have you got the link or sellers name for those slidebinders? I think I know the ones you mean but I've had cheap ones in the past that just split.
I'm thinking of doing a 4x2 with a 1x2 loft if they figure out how to use the ramp, they are still quite nervous so it will take time :nod:
I am finding that one of them is making the low rumble noise to the other one quite a lot (think it's ted) so I'm going to get two of everything! It's weird because they rely on each other for comfort and confidence but then territorial on food and bridges :cool:
x
I just typed "slidebinders" into e bay And found them. One cage has the white triangle shaped binders and the other is kind of rounder shaped both have been fine. And It was a while ago I got them. My boys are the same, Always rumbling. Lol. I have 2 of everything it there would be a riot. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back