Pro-fleece

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know its ridiculous the amount they wee! lol I'm thinking that sawdust was the easier option comapred to this it took double the time to clean her out and it smelling after a few hours :(

That's why i use a paper based cat litter underneath the newspaper it eliminates any smell and is alot more absorbant. Violet is the worst, she pee's and poo's for england, so i change her paper everyday but the others are fine.
They only have profleece up one end of their cage where they sleep and i wash it every 3rd day. :)

I'm just looking at the paper cat litters wondering whether to ry some for under meekas newspaper.. do i go for original or scented? I'm looking at yesterdays news cat litter atm.. I'm thinking original as obv they cant have scented shavings but will the original ones sort the odour problem out?

I think scented ones are dangerous. Don't they cause URIs?

I dont know why yours stink so much! I have 6 in together and they dont smell! I change the newspaper in the morning, and then I chamge any really wet bits again in the evening

today she isnt smelling so thats good ive got a big thick line of newspaper under it O0 ive just got some spong dishcloth things and put them in the two corners where she wee's to soak it up :) I'm going to buy some cat litter to put under anyway i'll get the original one not the scented.. I'm thinking of using pro-fleece for my girls outside who are on sawdust free-range in my shed, i think it would be warmer and much more cosier for them. I'm going to insulate the concrete floor first but its prob going to work out cheaper in the long run and much more hygenic and kind to my guineas :smitten:

My profleece is still a bit whiffy, don't know what i'm doing wrong. It only started when I bought some new hay and they're peeing all over it ::)
Maybe it's the hay which is smelling? Think I'm gonna go out and buy a bag of shavings! I've had enough! ;D

I use Smart cat Paper based litter www.spartrek.co.uk . I usually buy mine from work but it has recently been discontinued so i need to find an alternative. I might try Bio-catolet next. :)

I know it sounds a bit odd but I really think it's the hay smelling where they've peed on it. Gonna get different hay tomorrow and see what happens.The stuff I get from the petshop is lovely and sweet.
I'm not giving up yet! I really want purple profleece! ;D

ive put all my hay up in hayracks or stuffed in a tube so she cant wee on it.. meeka is an inside pigger so shes nice and warm to start off with :)

Mine are on fleece blankets and changed daily, there was such a whiff this morning, smelt like hair dye! I think it's the hay as well. Although S&T have a rack. Pudsey and Eccles don't as Eccles likes to roll around in the hay will invest in one I think.

I've got a hay rack as well but I like to chuck a pile of hay in for them cos they like to lay on it.I think what I'm gonna do is take the profleece out of the upper level and make that a hay room,that's the set up I had before with newspaper,shavings and loads of hay. :)
Mine are indoors as well in a 2x4 with 2x2 upper level and it's flippin hard to clean! ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back