Pro-fleece

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

Hi, ive just ordered 2 pieces of this pro-fleece for meekas cage, nice girly colours pink and purple :)

just wondering, those of you who use it..do i put anything under it? such as newspaper or something to soak up her wee?

ok thanks guys..

i cant wait to get it, if it works out ok for her then i'll prob invest in some for the boys was only £11.99 for one piece of the size i needed, i got it from www.thedoginn.com O0

I use profleece. I bought the 60"x40" piece and cut it into smaller bits. I have enough for each cage and spares for when the other is in the wash.
I use a layer of newspaper, a thin scattering of paper based cat litter and another layer of newpaper on top of that. It stops any smells and absorbs the wee a lot better. But you can just use newpaper. :)

ok thanks, I'm buying it because i dont want any mess though like with sawdust. with my boys towels i just wrap them up stick them in a bin bag then into the washer, job done lol although if newspaper doesnt soak it up i might need to invest in some litter :S

That's where I got mine, it took a week for it to be delivered though but was worth it when it finally arrived! I just need to cut it to size before it goes in their cage :)

I just use newspaper, but change it every day, then wash the vetbed/profleece every 3rd day. I also use a the vacuum nozzle to suck all the poos off it once or twice a day.

I never thought of using cat litter. I reckon that would be better for absorbing, but messier to clean. Newspaper works just fine though, as long as you change it every day!

Just ordered some blue pro fleece from web site spudnick recommended. Looking forward to trying it out :)

mine came today, really quick, I only ordered it on sunday!

ive cut it to size and meeka seems to like it.. although she keeps sinking into it and nearly fell over whilst cleaning herself before lol

i thought mine would! its piggy mad with the post today i got my shampoo through for archie too O0the pink its a lovely colour, nice shade.. ive got a purple one too which is slightly darker than i thought but still it looks nice

I've been using mine for two days and have got to say it's the best bedding I've ever used! I usually plonk a big pile of hay in the middle of their cage and it was so easy to sweep up with a dustpan and brush and all I had to do after that was change any wet newspaper, it was so easy!
And best of all no shavings all over the carpet! Hope you get on with it just as well O0

spudnik said:
O0the pink its a lovely colour, nice shade.. ive got a purple one too which is slightly darker than i thought but still it looks nice

I'm gonna order the purple next! I'm skint till next week just ordered some hay online :)

awww spoilt! the good thing with mine is i have offcuts from it as the cage is smaller width than the pro-fleece so i have beds for my other 6 piggies too :)

After xmas, I'm gonna buy every colour and my piggies will have a different colour carpet every day! Hooray!

Pro-fleece is brilliant!

After its first wash, the texture of the fleece will go a bit woolly and tufty. This is normal and it's actually cosier for the pigs. as they can snuggle down deeper.

I use newspaper under it. Luckliy my boys tend to pee in specific spots, so I just whip out the wet paper areas each day. I put down a really thick layer and gradually reduce it down. ISaves rearranging all the time. Get a hard bristle brush to sweep off poops and hay. I've had no probs with my washing machine. I've found that if I put it on a synthetic wash cycle, it oly takes 30 mins and it comes out pretty dry. They will dry on a radator iwithin 1/2 hour or you can tumble them for a short time.

Don't use conditioner though! This will reduce the absorbency.

Oh and if you have male pigs, they will leave greasy spots on the fleece. This does not wash out as it goes hard like candlewax. I just cut off the waxy tufts.

i dunno about you guys.. but since using pro-fleece ive got a really stong smell of wee in my room its horrible, its mainly from meekas cage its not even been down 2 days yet :S ive got newspaper under it too with that keep it clean spray on disinfectant.. anyone getting this smell?

I've been getting on really well with mine, just noticed it smelling a bit today and it's been down four days. I don't know how often other people wash theirs but I suppose it varies depending on the size of cage, how many piggies etc
Is it a constant smell? She might of just peed on it as you walked in.

no its constant, ive only got meeka on her own in a cage shes in a rabbit 100 deluxe which is approx 39" long and 20" wide i think..most people put 2 guineas in one that size.. she seems to poop for england and she drinks an awful lot so maybe she just wee's a lot and I'm noticing it more with a different bedding..

Is the newspaper really wet underneath? I've been taking out the wet newspaper each day and just putting fresh in. :)

I think I've got the same problem now, just gone in to feed them and it stinks! It wasn't that bad earlier! :o
Just taken the profleece out and put it in the wash,had to cut it in half though cos it wouldn't fit!
Mind you I think it's the newspaper that smells more than the fleece cos it smells just as bad in there now. ::)
Think I'm going to have to wash it every few days and not leave it so long next time.
How often does everyone else wash their profeeece?

I change the newspaper once a day, twice in the areas they wee in, and wash my vetbed every third day. I have no smell.

I ran out of newspaper last night and when I grabbed every one I could see at the shop the girl there said 'People don't usually do that, buy every newspaper we've got'! Once I explained what it was for she understood why I wanted so many! ;D
Gonna wash my profleece every third day now as well O0

yeah the newspaper was soaked as was the cage bottom is was swimming with wee! she piddles so much.. ive just disinfected it all and put a whole newspaper down and some new pro-fleece on top so that should hopefully be ok now :)

I washed their profleece last night and it smells again today a bit.
Do they smell more when they're on heat?
Why do guinea pigs have to pee so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back