Pre Bonding Behaviour

Great news!

I am such a newbie to learning their behaviours together. Thank you for your help and for forum's like this.

I must of been lucky with my sow dynamic, their forms of domance was blocking each other from the food bowl and shoving each to force their way through, most often I was the subject to teeth chattering for not feeding fast enough.

Yeah, he always scuttles off with a little whine, a few teeth chatters about being kicked out of a hide, but he always backs down, and moves elsewhere.

Great news!

I am such a newbie to learning their behaviours together. Thank you for your help and for forum's like this.

I must of been lucky with my sow dynamic, their forms of domance was blocking each other from the food bowl and shoving each to force their way through, most often I was the subject to teeth chattering for not feeding fast enough.

Yeah, he always scuttles off with a little whine, a few teeth chatters about being kicked out of a hide, but he always backs down, and moves elsewhere.

The dominant has the first pick of food (basic rules of hierarchy) but consistently stopping the other from eating is actually bullying (you'd notice weight loss and general depression in a piggy being bullied).
Its also a reason to never use food bowls - scatter feeding veg and pellets around the cage or into hay piles can prevent any kind of food hogging

The dominant has the first pick of food (basic rules of hierarchy) but consistently stopping the other from eating is actually bullying (you'd notice weight loss and general depression in a piggy being bullied).
Its also a reason to never use food bowls - scatter feeding veg and pellets around the cage or into hay piles can prevent any kind of food hogging

Thanks for these two I scatter feed constantly to prevent any bullying and a form of enrichment.

The sow that passed away, luckily got her fair share of the food, luckily it was more domance of inspecing/picking the first item, then preventing any food being taken!

It does make me realise how much of a top boss I have though! Little madam!

Hi all,

What does it mean when the boar rumblestruts really close to the sow and his nose his literally touching her ear area?

She don't chase him off, but I just thought it looked strange as its very up close and personal. :P

I'm not one of the experts but maybe he is just showing her how wonderful he is 😁

Back