• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

prayers for our baby zoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been online for a few days so i've only just read this. I'm so glad got through the surgery and she's recovering and hope she continues to get better and that the biopsy has good results. Bless you and her x :smitten:

awww thats great news :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
hope she continues to do well for you :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

zoe is still picking up each day it is now 64 hours since she had her surgery. we are still waiting to hear from the vet. they said try not to pick her up, but we have her in a cat cage spo every 4-6 hours have to change the towel so we try to carefully pick her up. zoe is eating, drinking a little, (still on protexin this is day 8) burying herself under the bit of straw and hay we have in cage cat. seems brighter and happy. thanks again for all your thoughts, well wishes, support and advice. love and hugs to you all and your piggies. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I've been following Zoe's story so far. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I pray Zoe will make a speedy recovery. I can not believe they did not give her pain killers, the poor thing. My guinea has recovered from his operation a couple of weeks ago and I still have his pain medicine. I wish I wasn't in the states, I would give you my piggy's pain medicine. I hope Zoe's pain is not to bad. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. What a major operation for a little piggy. I will say a little prayer for Zoe that all the test results are negative. I wish you all the best!
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

hello annie,
as far as we can see little zoe doesn't appear to be in pain. it seemed strange to us too that they gave her nothing for the pain. when i had a simiilar surgery myself to remove cyst from my right ovary and bits of my left i thanked god for the morphine. zoe is eating, drinking burying herself under the straw and hay. looking brighter each day. it is now 75 hours since zoe had the surgery, she goes back thursday for a check up and the pathology results. we hope your piggy is well and happy. love and hugs to you and your piggies. and thank you for your wishes and prayers for zoe. :) :smitten:

well, she seems to be doing fine without the pain killers. you really know when a piggie is in pain. my bertie was in huge amounts of pain after his op. and he had to have stronger painkillers. but beleive me, you do know when they're in pain. the fact that she's eating drinking, rumaging and is generally bright, shows that she can't be in too much pain, bless her. i hope she continues to be fine, and i've said a little prayer for her too :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i hope the results are good, let us know :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: (((hugs to you and little zoe))) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OH love it sounds like Zoe is doing briliantly, what a little trooper she is :smitten: :smitten:
Sending off the pellets to you on tuesday O0

hello all,
wanted to say thank you for all your wishes, prayers and thoughts for little zoe. it has been a tough road but (touching wood) zoe has pulled through.
have heard from the vet and was hoping someone could explain to me what the leocarsomia is. thanks again. :) :smitten: though she saids might and thought we are hoping she is right.
here is a copy of the vets e-mail.

Hi guys Regards picking Zoe up:

it is fine to do so just be gentle with her. You can wipe her bottom carefully with damp cloth and luke warm water.
Regarding droppings if still loose there are 2 options. change the antibitic we have given her and give a different one
or repopulate her gut by getting a healthy poo from jessie mushing it up with water and syringe feeding it to zoe.

If zoe licks or chews her wounds then we can make a small collar to stop her from having access to the area.
I would like to see her sometime this thursday am and see you have an appointment for 9.20am thats great.
I am happy to give Zoe metacam if you think she needs it I am just trying to miminise drugs if not necessary let me know what you think.
Hope you are ALL well and coping OK And last but not least the really good new s is...... The growth is thought to be a leomyosarcoma an has been removed in its entirity with no evidence of any spread outside of th uterus WHOOOO HOOOOO! this should mean one fixed piggy. Hope that cheers you all up
Bets wishes to all Kirsty

Have to admit i've not looked it up... i thought i best be viewed by either Mary or Karen they're the experts :smitten:

As for the rest of the convo i'd say they're thinking positive all the way at this stage O0 O0 O0 O0
You're doing everything you can and hey if she does start licking which btw is natural thing to do ::) ;D ;D it can therefore be prevented... sounds like your new vets have tried to help O0 O0 O0

I still think the info you were sent by them is correct..... just keep her warm, fed and hydrated and hey what else could a piggie like her want :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

zoe is good today, eating, drinking and is bright and happy in herself.but it seems everytime we stop the protexin(stopped monday-52 hours ago) she develops smelly do do's and soft ones. she has been on the protexin 8 days before we stopped it. looks like tomorrow they may have to get some from jessie and mash it in water and syringe feed it to zoe. poor guinea pigs and rabbits having that done. see the vet at 9.20am tomorrow so will ask her, also i think zoe hasn't gone to the surgery site cause she is in a cat cage and she is sitting next to me and she knows i am watching. going to miss zoe sitting next to me, but at some stage she has to go back to her box-well half box at the moment. as their is a cooling rack halfing up the cage so jessie and zoe can see each other but not touch. as when jessie is on heat she mounts zoe and rattles and is a real bossy paws.
think zoe loves the cat cage as she gets her towel change every 4-6 hours and gets feed everytime. just wish she would put on a little weight. thanking you all for your wishes and prayers. bless you all and hugs and cuddles to you all and your piggies. 0:) :) :smitten:

awww thats great news! Yay! :) i'm glad it nots cancerous. :smitten: and also glad she's doing ok :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
sounds like your vets fairly piggie savvy! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: love to zoe and you :smitten: :smitten:

I'm so happy that Zoe is getting better! You must be so relieved. And the best news is that it is non-cancerous! Send Zoe our love and keep us posted as to her progress!
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That is such good news :smitten:
She is a little toughie coming through all that, really hope she continues to improve :)

OK it would be 11am your time love............... the wait is really getting to me, i have had paws crossed and pinkies too since 9am O0
I'll be back on again later to check up ..... hope the pellets are there un eaten by postie ;D ;D ;D ;D

hello everyone
took zoe to the vet today, she had to get on stitch removed, have to watch the hole where the stitch came out. the vet is very happy with zoe. she said swelling should go down in time. have to watch the weight as once desexed they usually put on the weight. if do do's continue to be soft, have to get some of jessies and mash it with boiling water and syringe feed it to zoe. the vet is now talking about desexing jessie to stop the same thing happening. but we feel this is a big surgery for a guinea pig! what do you all think?
so wonderful news apart from keeping an eye on zoe the vet is really happy with her.
so again we want to thank you all for your prayers, wishes and support. you have no idea how much it meant to us. saying thank you doesn't seem to be enough but god we thank you from the bottom of our hearts and zoe's too. 0:) :smitten: :)
yes glynis the pellets came uneaten. will try them on some tomorrow. :smitten: :)

WONDERFUL NEWS YAYYYYYYYYYYY ZOE :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

i'm sure you're both breathing a sigh of relief :)
I'd not worry about the gaining weight issue at this stage, weigh her weekly and then if she seems to be really gaining heaps pop on here and ask Karen or Mary O0
As i said to you i'd not bother with Jessie she's not ill :smitten:
great idea to use Jessie's poos mushed up that's exactly what i was told to do by my vets O0

;D ;D ;D ;D so glad the postie didn't sample Zoe and Jessie's munchies :smitten: :smitten:
I hope they like them :-\ :-\

I don't know re weight, I've never had a pig survive longer than 2 weeks after a spay :( But I'm sure Mary will know :) Personally no, I wouldn't have Jessie done, this is a common op in rabbits but I would rather give Chorulon injections for cysts than remove the womb. I know this was different for Zoe and Chorulon wouldn't have helped the mass on the outside :) We all make our own decision re ops :)

I also don't give pigs each others poops, simply because I don't know if stuff can be passed between them that way- I know a sick pig will follow a healthy pig to try and 'get' the poops but I don't know that its 'healthy'. Your choice :) and it could be fine to do!
Glad she is doing so well :)

hello,
you have me worried now! it has only been 8 days since zoe's surgery! i don't want to lose her! we have come too far! until faline the bunny and jessie the GP show syptoms they won't be having any surgery. as for the syringe feed of jessie's waste to zoe, i will if needed, but so far her do do's aren't too bad. i really hope zoe lives longer than 2 weeks after her surgery! when is it safe to stop worrying? zoe is eating, drinking, happy, bright, acting like a baby again. i will be praying zoe is alright and lives longer-alot longer!
hugs and cuddles to your piggies! :-\ :smitten:

Just keep giving her lots of TLC O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I do know of other girls who've had their girls spayed and not had a problem, there's always different sides to this and i'm sure that's what Karen was pointing out plus it's just what she's so unfortunately experienced :'(

Hugs and kisses for Zoe, Jessie and Faline :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

A rescue in the UK regularly spay their sows :) Just pointing out that I can't comment on weight because I've not had a spayed sow :) I'd stop worrying when she's back to normal :)

YAYYYYYYYYYYY! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: well done little zoe! :) what a little fighter! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: you must be soo releived! i know i was when my piggie was through the worst of his op! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: love to you and zoe :smitten: :smitten: :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back