• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Popcorn Died Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad situation this evening at home, our guinea pig Popcorn died very suddenly. This morning he seemed to be ok, he was eating normally like every other day along with his adoptive brother Jimmy but in the afternoon things went wrong, he was making real short whimper sounds and was not moving at all in his cage. I picked him up and he seemed to be in pain when I touched the sides of his abdomen. We took him to the vet ER right away and they said that he was very bloated with a lot of gas and after a little while the nurse rushed in stating that he was not doing very well so they opted for making an incision in his abdomen to release the gas but he went into what it seemed like cardiac arrest and he died in a matter of minutes. Very upsetting moments...we really loved him a lot, he was a lot of fun to be around.
Now we are concerned that Jimmy is by himself and don't really know what to do.
Screenshot_1.webp
I am very pleased to introduce Jimmy's new family! Two new boys "Scamp" and "Shaggy". Took a while to find the right guys, Jimmy seems to accept them with no issues

View attachment 36754
Very sad situation this evening at home, our guinea pig Popcorn died very suddenly. This morning he seemed to be ok, he was eating normally like every other day along with his adoptive brother Jimmy but in the afternoon things went wrong, he was making real short whimper sounds and was not moving at all in his cage. I picked him up and he seemed to be in pain when I touched the sides of his abdomen. We took him to the vet ER right away and they said that he was very bloated with a lot of gas and after a little while the nurse rushed in stating that he was not doing very well so they opted for making an incision in his abdomen to release the gas but he went into what it seemed like cardiac arrest and he died in a matter of minutes. Very upsetting moments...we really loved him a lot, he was a lot of fun to be around.
Now we are concerned that Jimmy is by himself and don't really know what to do.
View attachment 36754
I am very pleased to introduce Jimmy's new family! Two new boys "Scamp" and "Shaggy". Took a while to find the right guys, Jimmy seems to accept them with no issues
I am so sorry for your loss.
Gizzy, thank you much for the comment. Pop corn died sometime ago and i tried to post an update showing the new family members uploading a picture but i must have not done the right thing. Did the picture show?

Screenshot_1.webp

Awww poor Popcorn (adorable name btw), your head must be in bits! I'm sure you gave him a very happy life, given the name I bet he was a very excitable chap. RIP Popcorn and I am so sorry for your loss x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back