pink eyed pretties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a Swiss? I'm not too fab on breeds but i thought Kay looked a bit more like a Rex cross type, but i do stand corrected, i am no expert, its interesting to see all different breeds and varieties.

This lad was brought to us for treatment from the RSPCA, he's up for rehoming I'm assuming now. I thought he was a Swiss.

07062011469.jpg

x.

Pink/Red eyes are so cute! I don't have any but I don't see why people won't give them a home over their eye colour. It's like saying I won't be friends with you because you have green eyes but I will be friends with you because you have blue eyes. The pigtures everyone put up are so adroble!

If I had a brain I would actually be dangerousmalletheadmallethead

My post was supposed to say 2011, not 2010malletheadmalletheadinbreeding

I thought this was a Swiss? I'm not too fab on breeds but i thought Kay looked a bit more like a Rex cross type, but i do stand corrected, i am no expert, its interesting to see all different breeds and varieties.

This lad was brought to us for treatment from the RSPCA, he's up for rehoming I'm assuming now. I thought he was a Swiss.

07062011469.jpg

x.

I meant to quote that, not thank it, sorry about that.

That is either a peru that has had her coat stroked in the wrong direction or a peru x aby.

these were posted in another thread, sorry to duplicate if you saw these already :)
DSC07607.jpg

DSC07616.jpg

here another eye is red, the one on the side not visible on this photo:
DSC07636.png

I've had a busy few days so haven't had time to have a good look round the forum - so glad I have today, what a fabby thread!

Just have to post a few of my lovelies.

Little Miss Dinky
PA120031.JPG

Larry And Scooby

PA120032.JPG

PA120033.JPG

You may not be able to see their eyes but each one was pink-eyed.

PA200049.JPG

PB090081.JPG

PB090071.JPG

One of my most favourite boys Demitri
P5180152.JPG

And Gwen & Eve with their matching pigloo
PC140532.JPG

Suzy x

I meant to quote that, not thank it, sorry about that.

That is either a peru that has had her coat stroked in the wrong direction or a peru x aby.

As Claire said :)

The hair of Swiss is much softer than a teddy or rex, and a whole lot more floofy. It also grows, and grows, and grows if you let it, or like me you can trim them like a hedge every couple of months :)

Anyways, back to the pink eyed pretties!

I don't know how anyone can not love pink eyed piggies.
I adore them and I was absolutely thrilled when I went to a petshop and they had 3 guinea pigs, two of which had red eyes.
They were all living together and I named them automatically. Romano, Gilbert and Ludwig.
Sadly I couldn't buy them until the next day and when I went there, Romano, the only guinea pig with brown eyes was gone. Apparently the little guys had been there for ages and no one had wanted them.

I bought Ludwig and Gilbert. These are my two beautiful boys now.

P1010481.jpg

Gilbert chewing on a piece of hay. The picture was too adorable not to take even though the cage was in the way.

And Luddy who I think is crosseyed. bless him.
P1020627.jpg

My little nephew holding him.

My gorgeous Bailey
165403_10150344604490366_644760365_16287365_4389486_n.jpg

She has only one eye, but it's red!
And Betty, a pig from work...you can't see her eyes very well here though!
58291_10150254314640366_644760365_14619027_5468859_n.jpg

And Luddy who I think is crosseyed. bless him.
P1020627.jpg

My little nephew holding him.

i think thats fat eye...?!?
see if someone like All0About0The0Animals0 or other members in the know will spot it and tell you more if it is...
x

i think thats fat eye...?!?
see if someone like All0About0The0Animals0 or other members in the know will spot it and tell you more if it is...
x

Huh really? I have never heard of that before? I guess I'll make a topic and ask about it. Thank you. :)

My favorite pigs are the ones with pink eyes! I love, love, love them! I've always had a pink eye one until now. I have all brown eyes. I saw a little pink eyed girl recently at the petstore and no one wanted her :( It tooks months for her to find a home, I almost scooped her up! :))

wheeeee think that all the piggies are sooooooooooooo cute........ so does mummy but she's erm ..........KERPLUNKED ! rolleyes:))

nup and whee is NOT reviving her....... whee want to keep looking at the cute pink eyed pigglies x)x)x)x)

this is a pic of my wonderful pig Kim and was one of my 2 first ever piggies one of the reasons i picked her from the rescue centre was here pink eyes! RIP Kim i miss her sooo much 8...

P4170129.jpg

P4170139.jpg

Here is my baby Blueberry. He is white with pink eyes. :) He is a lethal white guinea pig. He is blind and deaf. He is the sweetest most loving pig.

DSC00467.jpg

388433_904495542103_58208151_38372089_1341302728_n.jpg

My lovely Harry......such a sweet little boy, whos enjoying being pampered after 9months being in a rescue several of which were in pain with neutering complication. I'm biased but i think hes stunning, it was the red eyes that made me think I had to rescue him.

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

384179_314578935224640_100000176096098_1507103_1255662697_n.jpg

I love pink eyes, I think they are so pretty. I love all piggies and would never disregard any of them due to eye colour! I do have people that are slightly put off by pink eyes when looking to adopt though, which is very sad.

no photo of her I am afraid but one of my original piggies back when had pink eyes. Poppy was white with a browny ginger splodge on just one ear and she had pink eyes.

I dont care what colour their eyes are, i think the pink makes their faces look really soft.

this is crunchy a pink eyed swiss i must admit it did take me awhile to get used to it but when i first saw him properly i loved his eyes now i love pink eyed piggiesx)

2hd7axi.jpg

izn5om.jpg

theyre cage isnt always that messy:red this was in the morning just after theyre breakfast hes a very timid piggy so its hard to get a pic of him:)

I love pink eyes - my OH was not keen to start with but he doesn't have a problem with them now mallethead
We have five girls with pink eyes, aptly named Pink, a white mismarked Himalayan, Lily, a pink eyed lilac (aka as Liliput, Lily Lilac pants, Lily Hippo as she reminds me of a little hippo :{) and our three Himalayan sows x)

DSC08228.jpg

5 year old Wibble
I love PEW x)

DSC08829.jpg

My scrumptious Pollyanna has pink eyes too!

theyre cage isnt always that messy this was in the morning just after theyre breakfast hes a very timid piggy so its hard to get a pic of him
You must have extremely tidy guinea pigs.....mine looks liek that within about 2 seconds after cleaning out. But boys will be boys rolleyes

Heres the very lovely Duncan, my baby. He has the most beautiful eyes that make me go all soppy when I look at him. :))

Duncancloseup.jpg
[/IMG]

This is Hettie...

Our pretty little pink eyed mix-bag. She's a mismarked himilayan with a bit of rex going on.

She has THE prettiest face, although I admit I'm rather biased!

IMG_1099.jpg

DSCN0882.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Sorry for the photo overload! ;)

None of my current girls have pink eyes, nor does Chip, but I have had them in the past! There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and it makes me really sad that people don't want to rehome them just because of the colour of their eyes!

I'm glad this thread has been brought up again... as I'd definitely love to update my post. I now have 6 pink eyed beauties!

Skye, Kalani and Sora
SANY3777.jpg

SANY3658.jpg

"
SANY4273.jpg

Jenny and Jess
JennyandJessica1.png

Einstein
SANY3922.jpg

I still don't get why people overlook them, especially the PEWs and Gingers! I love them and they are incredibly beautiful guinea pigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back