Piggies with their companions

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
I love the interaction between piggies and their friends. As we all know on this forum how important it is for Guinea pigs to have the same species companionship, I thought it would be good to share photos of our piggies enjoying each other company. For those new to Guinea pigs and don’t quite believe how important it is for their welfare and wellbeing.
Most Guineas do not sleep next to each other or massively share close proximity, But they certainly do communicate in many different ways through sound, body language and subtle communication we would sometimes wouldn’t pick up on. They also share bonds through grooming each other such as eye licking shown here lovingly by Emily cleaning Buttons eyes. Emily is the chief eye cleaner in the trio, She often licks both Buttons and Lions eyes. Sadly I rarely see anyone return the favour to her! But it’s ever so sweet how persistent she is about doing it everyday.

IMG_5692.webp

Here are some food time photos, another great friendship and relationship building activity.
IMG_5347.webp
IMG_6491.webp
IMG_2211.webp
IMG_4951.webp

Please share photos of your piggies enjoying each others company..!

Here's some of mine.

An old one of RB Piggies Cutey Pie Dennis and The Ever Beautiful Betsy. Dennis absolutely adored The Ever Beautiful Betsy.

Snuggly Dennis _ Betsy.JPG

Another old one of RB Piggies :yikes: :yikes: DA BOSS:yikes::yikes: Velvet having a chat with Silver Fox Christian

Velvet _ Christian having a chat.JPG

Current piggies Thea, Misty and Bramble sharing breakfast

Breakfast Misty, Thea, Bramble 2.webp

Honey and Waffle love spending time together 🥰 especially eating!

I've definitely seen how important it is to have piggies together. Waffle is more curiosity-orientated and would explore the room in early floor times, but honey would stick with the food - however waffle would run and tell honey about exciting discoveries and bring her out to show her! now Honey is happy exploring on her own but she never could have got there without waffle's support. They still both tell each other about discoveries and explore together, sometimes one goes to tell the other and wake them up when I come in the room so they can wheek at me together! Also when one of them gets spooked by something and the other is fine, i direct the fine one towards the scared one, and the scared one always immediately cheers up when their friend shows them it's okay 🥰 so adorable!

Here are some pictures!

Using the snuffle mat together:
IMG_20240405_154927_653.webp

Eating pepper together:
IMG_20240419_171735_407.webp

Eating hay together (this lasted harmoniously with waffle inside the hay pile and honey on top of it until honey accidentally climbed onto waffle to reach a high up piece!):

IMG_20240616_013555_173.webp

Sleeping next to each other - they sometimes want their own space to sleep but very regularly sleep next to each other in their favourite hideout!:
IMG_20240529_115443_232.webp

Here is a rare moment where they shared this box and became a two-headed piggy!:
IMG_20240407_140700_951.webp

Oh I love this thread!

Rosie and Lily don’t snuggle like they did when they were babies, but they still have a very sweet and stable bond.

IMG_8076.webp
IMG_8075.webp

Sure they bicker sometimes, but Rosie always makes up with kisses.

IMG_8072.webp

Being separated for 5 minutes is also very dramatic in this house.

IMG_8070.webp

They tend to sleep and do everything together :’)

IMG_8071.webp
IMG_8073.webp
IMG_8069.webp

And the cuteness of this pic almost ended me.

IMG_8074.webp

So cute!

I’m really enjoying see these gorgeous pigs I’ve never seen before on here, as well as some forum legends from the past. Talking of which, we need a pic of swissgreys Ruby and the coconut!

Honey and Waffle love spending time together 🥰 especially eating!

I've definitely seen how important it is to have piggies together. Waffle is more curiosity-orientated and would explore the room in early floor times, but honey would stick with the food - however waffle would run and tell honey about exciting discoveries and bring her out to show her! now Honey is happy exploring on her own but she never could have got there without waffle's support. They still both tell each other about discoveries and explore together, sometimes one goes to tell the other and wake them up when I come in the room so they can wheek at me together! Also when one of them gets spooked by something and the other is fine, i direct the fine one towards the scared one, and the scared one always immediately cheers up when their friend shows them it's okay 🥰 so adorable!

Here are some pictures!

Using the snuffle mat together:
View attachment 251048

Eating pepper together:
View attachment 251050

Eating hay together (this lasted harmoniously with waffle inside the hay pile and honey on top of it until honey accidentally climbed onto waffle to reach a high up piece!):

View attachment 251049

Sleeping next to each other - they sometimes want their own space to sleep but very regularly sleep next to each other in their favourite hideout!:
View attachment 251051

Here is a rare moment where they shared this box and became a two-headed piggy!:
View attachment 251052
Love their hair! Kind of like a bob haircut.

I love the interaction between piggies and their friends. As we all know on this forum how important it is for Guinea pigs to have the same species companionship, I thought it would be good to share photos of our piggies enjoying each other company. For those new to Guinea pigs and don’t quite believe how important it is for their welfare and wellbeing.
Most Guineas do not sleep next to each other or massively share close proximity, But they certainly do communicate in many different ways through sound, body language and subtle communication we would sometimes wouldn’t pick up on. They also share bonds through grooming each other such as eye licking shown here lovingly by Emily cleaning Buttons eyes. Emily is the chief eye cleaner in the trio, She often licks both Buttons and Lions eyes. Sadly I rarely see anyone return the favour to her! But it’s ever so sweet how persistent she is about doing it everyday.

View attachment 250872

Here are some food time photos, another great friendship and relationship building activity.
View attachment 250873
View attachment 250875
View attachment 250876
View attachment 250874

Please share photos of your piggies enjoying each others company..!
AWW your piggies are so adorable, I could cry 🥰 Love the fleece liner in the first pic too, so cute! What happy piggies 😊

Back