Panda ❤️

Eriathwen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our little Pandamonium passed away very peacefully a few hours ago, after seeing the vet Tuesday, it's believed she was at the end of a battle with lymphoma.

Over 6 years ago Panda, along with her sister Pumpkin were brought home. The mere suggestion of being caught to go into her new cage was met with her jumping out the box and running off across the floor 😅 and so..along with her fabulous eye markings she earned the name Pandamonium, Panda for short. Over the years she certainly lived up to the name, between being a constant blur in the background of pictures, to getting up to too much mischief to even recall, she was always doing something to make me laugh.

She was a lovely, healthy piggy for many years other than needing to be spayed due to ovarian cysts at a couple of years old. Little did we know this would be the beginning of a bizarre hormonal journey for Panda, where 2 years later we learned that she had partial somatic intersexuality, with the malformed structure of a penis inside her urethra. This required suprelorin implants every 9 months to keep the peace between her and husboar Oliver.

In her last years we battled some off dental issues with her incisors, where they for some reason turned sideways in their sockets.

But none of that ever stopped her, or altered her silly, cheeky personality. While she made many friends in her life, she absolutely adored her sister Pumpkin, and even at the herds largest, was never far from her side. Unfortunately after losing Pumpkin in February of this year, old age seemed to hit Panda very hard. She became closer to Mabel, who is a similar age, but she was never the same.

She very quickly lost weight over the last month or so, most likely due to the cancer that had started to become too much for her. At over 1200g in her prime, she was half that when she left us today. The arthritis in her legs became worse, she developed sores on her feet, but we were hopeful that we could turn her around fairly quickly to give her a comfortable however long left. I am reassured and comforted that she was deemed to not be in any pain when she saw the vet 2 days ago, and that she went from tucking into her syringe feeds a few hours prior, to quietly laying down and crossing the bridge very quickly a little while ago.

Hopefully she is now back with Pumpkin, as well as herd mates past, Shelly, Daisy, Delilah, Ivory and all the other friends she made over her 6.5 years.

You were a wonderful friend Panda, and you will be immensely missed by your family left behind. Sleep well sausage, you're a good girl ❤️

DSCN8571 (2).webp3 (2).webpDSCN0881 (3).webpDSCN0895.webp5 (2).webpFB_IMG_1708966461576.webp20230826_132037.webp20240720_011744.webp20240617_021127.webp20240307_014739.webp

No box big enough to hold Panda. Snuggle sweetly at the bridge 🌈

Beautiful tribute to your gorgeous girl. Popcorn freely at the Rainbow Bridge with your friends, Panda 🌈

What a beautiful tribute to a gorgeous little lady 🌈 I am so sorry she left you but she will be reunited with Pumpkin ❤️❤️

Lovely to read all about the mischievous Panda
Popcorn freely with Pumpkin and your other friends at RB

Gorgeous Panda. What a life she had. Now reunited with your friend Pumpkin, sleep tight little one 🌈❤️

Sorry for your loss. That was a lovely tribute to Panda. She clearly lived a wonderful life full of love and care. Now reunited with her friends over the rainbow bridge x

HUGS

I am so very sorry that yout gorgeous Panda needed to mae the journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

Panda has clearly not just taken over your life with her antics but has also stolen your heart and held to ransom. Some piggies are unique... She was one of them.

Be kind with yourself as your grieve. You have given her a very good innings but the pain is never less.

What a beautiful piggie and a wonderful life well lived. She will leave a big piggie-shaped hole in your heart and I send hugs to you all as you grieve.
Popcorn free with your friends Panda x

A wonderful tribute to your stunning lady. She had an amazing life with you, I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs x

Sleep well little one
RIP Panda
X x

Back