Paddy & Rohan - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a decent dedicated dustpan and brush for my daily spot cleans, my boys always come over for a sniff and nose.

I have 2 bags, one for towels which I use as an adsorbent layer under the fleece and one for the fleeces themselves. I separate them so I don't get any hay or Piggie hair from the fleece blankets on to the towels.

I find the rollers are not very effective at removing hay and hair as they lose their stickiness to quickly, but I find if I leave the fleece blankets for a day to fully dry out (hay and hair seem to stick more in area where my piggies pee) the hair and hay come off more easily. I shake the blackets in the garden with one hand whilst brushing them with a brush with the other. I also find pulling the hair off with my hand works best as it comes off in clumps. I then put the fleece in the washing bag and after they've washed and dried I shake and brush them one more time in the garden. Seems to work great for me and word of caution, always check your neighbours are not having a BBQ before you shake out those fleeces, I learnt the hard way :whistle:

Thanks for the updates really enjoyed reading it, looking forward to more. They are both lovely :love:

Glad you saw your first rumble dance :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back