Our New Piggy Is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after my indecision over his name... we have arrived back at benjie. going to add an 'e' on the end now aswell :)) now i've seen his character aswell, he really does suit it. :luv:

so mollie and benjie :luv:

and mr benjie, who i was told doesn't like cucumber, has just decided it's worth eating after seeing mollie scoffing it! :))

is it ok that there is still some 'following' going on from benjie? he's tried to mount mollie a few times. unfortunately it was her face he tried so she wasn't impressed! he does listen when she tells him to back off though! but she has been on and off 'squawking' all day. she did this when first bonded with eddie aswell. she came into season shortly after bonding. it seems the same this time, but just wanted to check that this is ok as i wouldn't want her to be upset or anything. @Wiebke :)

It's funny watching newly acquainted piggies getting on, mine haven't seemed to squabble, he tried his luck and got scolded big time. Lola is a lot bigger than Alfie, they look like the old fashioned battleaxe wife and hen pecked weedy husband! :))

thank you. she seems to want to mother him (washing face and ears is her thing :luv:) but he's been so excited that he thinks any attention means he should rumble at her :)) he is just so excited by the cage and tunnels. everything really. :)) but they eat together, sleep close by, and seem to be getting on well overall :luv: and she is doing popcorns aswell so hopefully all is ok. just wanted to make sure she wasn't going to get tired out and upset. x

I think she will be fine, she will soon pee in his face if needed. He sounds very much like my Tim is with his Sophie. I swear if a pig could roll their eye she does.

I think she will be fine, she will soon pee in his face if needed. He sounds very much like my Tim is with his Sophie. I swear if a pig could roll their eye she does.

:)) well she put up with crazy eddie when they were bonded so hopefully she will be ok :))

It's funny watching newly acquainted piggies getting on, mine haven't seemed to squabble, he tried his luck and got scolded big time. Lola is a lot bigger than Alfie, they look like the old fashioned battleaxe wife and hen pecked weedy husband! :))

@BossHogg they sound funny. any pics yet? :)

The only good one I've got is Lola in the cozie and Alfie hiding in the hay next to her. I've got one on his own but its not clear.

how long does it usually take for things to settle down completely? he's still very excited. not rumbling at her as much but still wants to follow her. she squawks at him but then follows him aswell. :roll: they eat together, sleep close by, and seem fine. but still some on and off complaining from mollie. just looking for some more advice as o/h has got me worried now saying mollie's not happy and that he wouldn't have got her a friend so young. he never said any of this before. only ever says things after. it's really upset me to be honest and now i'm worried. :(

just had some cuddles with them and weighed them. mollie's down a bit in weight recently. i guess after what she has been through lately with eddie. not a massive amount and she's still within her weight range (she was 945g when she arrived here. the most she has ever weighed is 1015g, and she's 975g today). benjie had his first weigh in aswell and he's 1020g. he loved having cuddles and jumped on and off mine and o/h's knees :)):love:

i've only done four bonds so far. and i wasn't over worried until o/h said that.

I wouldn't worry. It can take a while to settle down and she would let you know if she is miserable. Is she eating ok?

I wouldn't worry. It can take a while to settle down and she would let you know if she is miserable. Is she eating ok?

ok, thanks. they've quietened down quite alot since i posted actually so i'm hoping it was because she came into season. seems the same as the bond with eddie. all was calm and then it was only hours later he decided to rumble and mount her. wiebke said she probably had a spontaneous season so could be the same this time aswell.

she's eating less pellets now actually but i think when eddie passed, she was eating more just for something to do. benjie's on excel and harringtons mixed, and she has oxbow, so at the moment they've got all three. this might be putting her off having them mixed. i might go and put hers separately again and see if she prefers that. she's eating hay and veggies fine. :)

Last edited:
aw, mollie is so sweet. she looks so chuffed when benjie lets her groom him. she just wants to wash him :luv: he is the typical excited young piggy :)) he is always sprinting and popcorning :)) and mollie joins in with a little pop on the end of his sprints! :)) and he's getting the message now that any attention from her doesn't mean it should lead to more! :))

all is alot calmer here now. she must have been in season. again! i put the litter tray back in it's normal place today (had it in the run yesterday instead of the back of the cage as mollie adores it :))), and they're sharing it fine. so cute to see them grazing side by side :love: they spend alot of time close by actually and follow each other. :luv: she has competition with veggies now though because he eats so fast! but she's still getting her fair share. and eating pellets normally again now after i separated hers from the harringtons. think she was offended by them :))

benjie is affectionately known as mollie's pet mouse! :)) he rolls in his fleece tunnels, whacks it with his head, and squeaks like a mouse! :)):luv:

they're getting on so well and been doing lots of popcorns together today :luv:

Sounds like they get along really well. Well done for your patience. Any more pics?

no more yet but will try and get some soon. :)

benjie has such a nice nature. he's so happy and friendly. :love::love::love:

i've sorted out his insurance and registered him at the vets aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back