• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Olli no nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ive just checked him where he had his nuts off,and it seems one of the stitches has opened up( they glued it)
its all dry and everything and hes kinda been really swollen since the op and is on Baytril just in case
looks like a visit to the vets :-\

hes got an infection,they got some gunk out by squeezing it,now hes on painkillers and still on Baytril :(

Oh poor little man. Hope he makes a full recover, sending hugs and kisses. Keep us informed. Did your vets give a reason for gluing the area? ? :)

I have known of vets that use glue. I just wondered if they had given a reason why they deciding to use glue? :)

Puggies Rule♫ said:
its to stop them pulling at loose stitches appar

My guineas had stitches and I had no problems with them at all. I just wonder what the reason was. Get better soon Olli. O0

Oh no poor Ollie. He is in good hands though. Keep us updated hunny I got no credit on my phone so not been able to text you. Thinking of you.

gimme a shout and ill call you if you want?

hes sitting there all fluffed up and peed off :(

but,hes munching on cucumber and its got his meds on it ,so thatll work i hope

Aww noooo. :( Me and the boys are keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Olli. Hope you feel brighter soon Olli, those post neuter abscesses are horrid. :'( And this is for you Shaz, (((((hugs))))) :-*

Puggies Rule♫ said:
gimme a shout and ill call you if you want?

hes sitting there all fluffed up and peed off :(

but,hes munching on cucumber and its got his meds on it ,so thatll work i hope
Will top up tomorrow ;)phone keeps dying on me have to keep charging it now. Once it dies a death I will have a new number as the new phone I got for chistmas is a different network.
Hope Ollie is ok bless his cotton socks. Take heart look how many that vets have neutered in recent months their success rate for piggies is brilliant. I am thinking of you take care chin up he is gonna pull through.

Olli still seems really swollen,one sides going down,the others puffed up ,lol poor guy,its a wonder hes not leaning to one side when he walks
but theres no stuff leaking etc and hes on his painkillers and Baytril
I feel so sorry for him

Just keep a good eye on the lump, when the boys had theirs there was no leaking.... until it was pierced. Poor Chester even had pus coming out from the canal where the penis lives :(

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs! its just these post neuter abscesses really worry me :( after nearly losing both the boys and still trying to deal with the aftermath of it with Chester :'(

C'mon Olli, get better for Mummy :) Please keep us informed Shaz, I was even txting Kelly this morning driving down the A406 cos I wanted to know if there was any news! :)

as big as he is,he just popcorned...a lot...for no reason at all,now hes running round with some cucumber hanging from his mush ::)

Ive got some more infection out again this morning,ugh...but he seems ok in himself

Puggies Rule♫ said:
as big as he is,he just popcorned...a lot...for no reason at all,now hes running round with some cucumber hanging from his mush ::)

LOL awwwwww, He's pain-free!

Puggies Rule♫ said:
Ive got some more infection out again this morning,ugh...but he seems ok in himself

The poor mite. But good that he's taking it in his stride :)

Puggies Rule♫ said:

Poor Olli, do you think he is going to need to go back to the vets? :)

Poor little man, if it's not bad enough having his berries taken away, he gets an infection. I am sure he will make a recovery in no time, keep us updated and good luck at the vets. O0

I will hun,its just not nice having to squeeze the eww stuff from his bits,but i think hes getting used to it,poor guy like you say,no berries and an infection,that sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back