New hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have got a new hutch for Monty today from the garden centre £45 4 foot lazybones hutch (£25 off deal)

Managed to build it this pm. oh for an electric screwdriver ::)

Looks good, impressed with quality, need one for Crunchie now!

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

I did remember to add his water bottle after i took the photos!

iloveanimals said:
£45 :o I could have made one better myself :P

I do not think that there was any need for that comment :) Personally I think that is a very nice hutch at a excellent price too O0

Pumpkinpiggie said:
iloveanimals said:

I do not think that there was any need for that comment :) Personally I think that is a very nice hutch at a excellent price too O0
iloveanimals said:
why not ? ? Its my opinion ::)

It came across as a nasty comment to me hun along with the icons very sarcastic. If you can make better for that money or less go for it :) but do not post things that can look or be interpreted the wrong way ;)
No offence meant ILA just pointing out how your post looked to me hunny. :)

Thats a great hutch i'm looking for 1 like that where did you say u got it?

poppy1775 said:
Thats a great hutch i'm looking for 1 like that where did you say u got it?

From Barnet Hill garden centre which is in the Midlands/Worcs borders, think they have other branches nationwide?

Ive been on the look out for a hutch for ages now and this was def a good price, well made too and normally £69 so I'm pleased with the deal.

Want another one now for my other guinea :)

i think even 69 is quite good i haven't seen one that size for under 80 yet! lol

iloveanimals said:

Well i was happy with the price, happy for everyone to comment and have their opinion but afraid it did seem a little on the sarcastic side to me? If I had DIY skills id love to make my own hutches, but my diy skills are limited so i have to buy hutches!

But no offence taken :)

I think it's a nice hutch for a good price - I have to buy my hutches too as I am rubbish with wood & screws ;D

My OH makes my hutches & tbh you'd be lucky to be able to make one that size for less than £45 with the price of decent wood.

I love it & more to the point Monty seems to love it & it is he who is living in it O0 :smitten: :smitten:

Yes we have looked into making the hutches but time you have all the timber etc....it would cost more than £45 ......that is excellent mate

I love those hutches

Cheapest round our way at the mo is about £79

julie
x

Have decided to get another one they are such good value, il find the space and then both crunchie and monty have new hutches :)

WOW, not bad....glad you could get it all together with the electric screwdriver....LOL Sometimes thouse DIY packs are a bit tricky...
Your piggy looks happy in it. Are they both different sexes or why can't you keep them together?

They are both diff sexes, Crunchies daughter died who lived with her and she seems happy enough on her own now, they use to argue a lot.

Monty was a rescue too who i had on his own, they live right by each other so they can smell each other, i did wonder about getting Monty a friend but didint want him to be snipped!

Have reserved a second hutch :)

Managed to assemble the other hutch in half the time and now Crunchie and Monty have new hutches and seem very happy :)

On the topic, if anyone's in the Stoke area I got a 4ft hutch for £35 from Newcastle Pet Supplies in the town centre. They do a 4ft double hutch for about £55. Bargain!

OOh pet shop in Newcastle where?? the only pet shop I've seen is Pets at home Metrocentre! O0

I think that is a fab hutch for that price...wait till he starts chewing it though ;D

I've had one before, for the 2 guinea pigs my parents were looking after for me and now won't let me have back! ::)

The 2 newbies are more interested in the hay than anything else at the mo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back