• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

New baby girl

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
iloveanimals said:
They were in my heated shed :) I think they lived in a shed before i got them but dunno if it was heated or not

Oh right :-\ was just a thought. Hope the rest are ok x

oh how sad for you to lose 2 babies in 3 days. it is so terrible to lose them at anytime but 2 in 3 days you poor thing. 0:) :'( :'(i know this will sound terrible but have you considered a post mortem? to find out if they had anything to protect your other babies. :-\ :-\
DON'T you dare blame yourself either! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:you only just got these babies, you were getting to know them and no one knew this was going to happen! wish you lived here in aussie land so i could envelope you in a hug. :smitten: :smitten:again i am so sorry for the lost of your babiesRIP. may the little angels be at peace and be running free. 0:) 0:) hugs and cuddles to you and your fur babies. :smitten: :) :smitten: :) take care :smitten: :smitten:

oh no, thats soo sad! :'( (((((MASSIVE HUGS))))) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: what a terrible loss, but at least they are both in a place where they won't feel their pain of suffering 0:) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Don't blame yourself, whats done is done, you did the right thing taking them in, the chances are that would have happened wherever they were/went, so at least they were in a loving and caring home :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm sorry for your loss - if your shed is heated then it's most likely that the pigs had something wrong with them when you got them. I would contact whoever you got them from and let them know and reconsider getting pigs from them again.

Thanks everyone I'm getting my money back from the person who sold me Diesel but i have yet to send an email to the other person who i got Ellie from so will let you know what she says O0 Diesels old owners were very nice 0:)

Sorry you lost her Michaela :'(
There was something wrong with these two when you got them, it wasnt your fault :-\
RIP little baby 0:)

Sorry for your loss, as everyone said it's not your fault they were probably sick when you got them.
Just keep a very close eye on all the others.
RIP Diesel and Ellie. 0:)

heya kay
it me
i only just found thi s message
soz about both the babies
i loved lil ellie
anna x

How can they both die so soon if they wernt from the same breeders.... :-\

They were opp sex, so they cant have caught something from eachother....or did you house them together at some point?

Did you quarentine? I def would invlve a vet and get to the bottom with what was wrong, esp if they were in the same small space as the rest of your herd O0 Last thing you cant is them all falling ill!

Is that just amazingly bad luck, or is there some disease going around peoples guineas? :( :-\

Did any of the breeders other guineas get illnesses?

Hope you manage to find out what happened to the poor loveys..

RIP minis :( 0:)

Thanks xXxlilxmisXcheerxXx :)

PP they were NEVER housed together and where in different carry boxes and then different cages ;)
One died suddenly a day after i got him and the other showed slight illness from not moving around much but was eating and that
Cant involve vet now as they are buried in my garden :'( Gonna get in touch with my local rodentologist though to see if she can help me out to see if she knows why they died O0
I dont no if any other breeders piggies died as i haven't asked anyone but have contacted the people who i bought them off to get my money back off them

Have you also seen Diesels page :'( http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=17949.0

Kay
The local rodentologist is away untill march she is on a LONG holliday aboard ;)

hahahah Ive just realised Iloveanimals, you have got the same avatar as Emma, I keep getting confused as to whos posting LOL

iloveanimals said:
Thanks xXxlilxmisXcheerxXx :)

PP they were NEVER housed together and where in different carry boxes and then different cages ;)

It doesn't make any difference if they're in the same room/shed. Many things (SERIOUS things like URIs included) are airborne and this is why I mentioned risking your other pigs too. If you don't have a place to quarantine properly, don't get any more.

All of mine got conjunctivitis once and they're only housed in twos, but in the same room O0 one caught a URI from another when they're not housed together as DSL said x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back