• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

New baby girl

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1169

well got 4 piggies on sat and one has already died :'( Now my new ivory satin sow is breathing heavily and hardly moves when i open up her hutch :( whats wrong with her - Gonna have to go vets tomorrow :-\
I'm just sooo upset right now as what more can happen :P she looks fine to me and as far as i know is eating :)
pumpkinpiggie said shell help me out :smitten: she has offered to take her in for a few days and give her baytril but just need to find out first

Keep an eye on her, is there an emergency vet you can ring.
{{{{{ hugs for you }}}}}}}

Alfie said:
Keep an eye on her, is there an emergency vet you can ring.
{{{{{ hugs for you }}}}}}}
Dunno ? Shes moving when i push her bum slightly to move her to see how she runs and she runs fine and zooms off ;D but when i pick her up and check her shes ok and then i put her back and she just stays there - Is that normal :-\ I think she just eats the hay on the floor but surely she would be scared of me as I'm her new owner 0:)

I am no expert Kay, doesn't sound like normal behaviour though.
When we got Harry n Nibbles, Nibbles was really skittish. Harry was laid back, too docile.
Turned out he had a water infection.
I would call the vets.

yeah, i would ring/see an emergency vet if possible, it's hard to know from those symptoms, it could be a lot of things O0

Thnaks guys O0 Just got a rodonolgists *how do you spell it* number so will ring her in a few mins and will let you know what she says :)

I hope you kept them far, far away from your other piggies (as in quarantine they should have been in another room) as if they haven't been then you are risking every one of your other pigs. Bring the ill one into the house, keep her warm and start handfeeding if she's not eating.

I wouldn't stuff a young pig full of baytril, either. Let the vet decide what's best to treat with. A rodentologist is not licenced to give you medicine if that's what your pet needs!

I'm sure Karen can advise you if there's anything satin-specific you need to be concerned about.

Thanks I'm not allowed any animals in the house so thats why pumpkinpiggie offere to help and she said shed give her baytril thats all O0

Sooo sorry to hear another piggie is possibly ill :'( whatever you do keep all the newbie pigs away from your others

Went out to clean all piggies and give them their night feed and a few carrots each and found her dead at the front of cage :'( :'( :'(
I was too late :(

Doesn't sound like OD ILA, but you can't say either way without a PM, I would guess at not though.

aww so sorry for u (hugs)

its a bit strange that 2 from the same place hav gotten ill and died tho isnt it?

Hope the other 2 are fine

I cant say on here but not really they were both satins from 2 different people :-\

I know but 2 new babies have died on me in the last 3 days :-\

:( so sorry Michaela :( are they used to living outside? if they're used to living indoors or in a heated shed it could be this horrible cold getting to them? :( hope the others are ok. RIP little one x

They were in my heated shed :) I think they lived in a shed before i got them but dunno if it was heated or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back