Neutering question

Sad news. I’m currently living with my parents and they’ve totally done a u-turn on number of pigs they want in the house which seems ridiculous considering they’ve allowed me a whole room with pigs (we have a room which is never used and I’m going to be moving out again eventually). I’m gutted. So I called woodgreen and they can take the two single males and sort them out with partners (which works out better than me doing it as they have more scope to experiment with intros and ‘date’ them). I got two females who are WAY younger then they originally told me! I think the lady on the phone I spoke to was clueless. So I picked up two TEN WEEK OLD girls who were born in the centre I think(?). They are called Mabel and Tibs. Photos attached. I am delighted to look after these girls but feeling a sense of loss over the boys. The whole thing as been so dramatic so soon and I can’t get my head around it :(

Give yourself time to sort through it. It is difficult when you are torn into two directions which are equally valid, just on the opposite sides of the spectrum. Enjoy your new girls but also give room to your grieving whenever that demands attention, and try to live in the moment more right now. Letting beloved piggies go comes with a sort of grieving process because they will always remain your babies in your heart. Eventually the different parts of you will come together to a new, stronger and more mature new if you allow them their place. ;)

PS: You may find these two practical guides with some very useful tips here helpful because they allow you to communicate in cavy concepts long before your new girls have figured out humans:
New Guinea Pigs: How to Best Manage Arrival and Settling In
Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering and Cuddling Tips

Give yourself time to sort through it. It is difficult when you are torn into two directions which are equally valid, just on the opposite sides of the spectrum. Enjoy your girls and give room to your grieving whenever that demands attention, and try to live in the moment more right now. Letting beloved piggies go comes with a sort of grieving process because they will always remain your babies in your heart. Eventually the different parts of you will come together to a new, stronger and more mature new if you allow them their place. ;)

PS: You may find these two practical guides with some very useful tips here helpful because they allow you to communicate in cavy concepts long before your new girls have figured out humans:
New Guinea Pigs: How to Best Manage Arrival and Settling In
Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering and Cuddling Tips
Thank you <3

Back