• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neautering...

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sceptical...dont think its worth the risk, id just get them neutered :)

yeh me too it sounds odd.. i wouldnt trust it... i can understand how you would want Wilson and Cindy together as they are in love :smitten: and i can also see how you would want to keep brother and sister together as they are family but its your choice x x x

This herbalist is so great!

My mum got really sick last year and the herbalist pretty much cured her :)
She will study it for a while and see... but I think its a great idea... it doesnt envolve the stress /risk of surgery... its just simply giving hem tablets/liquid :D

and f it doesnt work the n you end up in a really bad situation...where is the evidence it works in guinea pigs? ?

You clearly dont have the bull**** detective in your country! ;D

She is going to study it real good first to make sure we dont end up in a bad situation with 3 pregnant pigs! :)

to be honest i would just go with the neutering.. its not that risky as Biscuits was fine after his and hes tiny especially compared to your piggies!

I think might try this chinese stuff first... she is going to study it, make sure it is safe and will 100% work so rather than risking their lives I really rather this option!
This lady is really trustworthy and is great with the pills she gives us... so I trust her 100% of the way :)

If this doesnt work neutering is the next option :)

BW I am sorry, but I don't know how you could even consider putting boars and sows together as you believe a herbal treatment is going to make the boars sterile. That is complete madness. Get them neutered if you don't you will regret it. I don't know what to say, I am gobsmacked. They only way you can be sure this works is by putting a boar who has had the treatment with a sow, which if it doesn't work (which I know it won't) you will end up with a pregnant sow and little ones on the way. Honestly BW I am shocked you would even consider this.

Same...that sounds crazy to me...but didnt you want cindy pregnant in teh first place? Are you wanting to get her pregnant again? :-\

No I dont want her pregnant again... I dont want to put any of my pigs through that! Yes I did want babies but I seriously thought Wilson was a girl so it was a mistake!

Its not madness... this lady is really good! and I could even get a vet to do a sperm count or somthing couldnt I ?

Like I said before either pair up your boys and keep your girls together or get your boys neutered. You said only a few days ago that you couldn't afford vet bills so thats why I thought it better to pair the boys. Neutering all your boys is going to cost quite a bit. As for your crazy suggestion about using some herbal stuff, well please don't even consider it. It won't work and you will end up with more pregnancies. Just don't take any risks!

Yes the boys are paired but Angus is alone... so I want the boys to become sterile either way and have girlfriends! So there wont be any fighting at all...

Yes it will cost alot to neauter the boys... $360 and it would be longterm...

I am considering this herbal thing because I seriously think it will work. She may study it and find it WONT be 100% accurate or isnt safe for guineas... its just an option, it doesnt mean I'm definatley going to do it, and I dont think its a 'crazy suggestion' at all!

My boys are paired and don't fight! I do think some herbal medicines can be very good, i've used herbal tablets to help me sleep on occasions but as for 'contraceptive purposes' i'm sorry but I don't think you should even give it another thought. It just isn't an option. Just my opinion and what you choose to do is up to you.

If it worked dont you think everyone would be doing it?!?!?!

How is she going to test it? Even if she does it with ne guinea pig, thats not conclusive evidence! She would need to test about 200+ males to get a positive conclusiuon...are you saying she has £400 pigs to test it with in the back of her shop?

Why cant you just bond willson and his baby, neuter angus and put him in with the two girls...simple!

She works from her house and I dont think many people would go to a chinese herbalist for their guineas!
I dont know how she is going to test it... but she knows what she is doing and at the end of the day its really my decision.
I dont know what I am doing yet... i only asked everyones opinion and clearly you guys have said your piece so thankyou :)
Until it is studied/tested I have no Idea what to do.

Thankyou!

She works from her house and I dont think many people would go to a chinese herbalist for their guineas!
I dont know how she is going to test it... but she knows what she is doing and at the end of the day its really my decision.

If no-one goes to her for their guinea pigs and shes not a rodentologist...how is she going to work it out? ? It is your decision but I am to be honest, suprised you would even think of it...if you had a science or biology teacher you could talk to them and you would be able to get a correct and tested answer instead of the ramblings of a mothers meeting! ;D

Please do think about it BW i rally dont want anything bad to happen to your piggies! :-\ :)

PerfectPiggies said:
Please do think about it BW i rally dont want anything bad to happen to your piggies! :-\ :)

Please don't think any of us are trying to get at you! :) We are just concerned and wouldn't want anything bad to happen. Whatever you decide to do please make sure you get all the proper information first. :)

I will think about it... really hard... I dont want anymore baby pigs because the mothers ge too stresed and its not fair! I dont want anything bad to happen to them either... please dont think I am doing this without thinking first... I know the second the boys have a chance they WILL make babies! which is not what I want so obviously I wouldnt risk it...

I think the herbalist will prob read up about it... I'm not sure how she gets her info... but she is really good...

Like I said before... is there a way for a vet to check if a guinea is sterile?

Not to my knowledge and I don't think the vet will even consider it. BW how much is this herbal treatment going to cost?

I have no idea... she only briely mentioned it to my Auntie and said she would study it... but didnt say much else :)

I hope you can make a decision soon that's right for the piggies, i'm sure you'll find the right answer love <hugs>
I'm glad you've asked opinions it shows you are doing your study on this, just remember to go right into what ever someone tells you O0 I know you will for their sakes :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and your piece of mind O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

(Sorry i haven't spoken before this, been a bit preoccupied :( )

:D thanks Glynis :) Thats okay... I undestand you would have a handfull with poor Duke :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back