Money!

Cambridge Piggles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Guess how much I have spent on these piggies in the two weeks Iโ€™ve owned them ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s LUDICROUS!
Guesses pleaseโ€ฆ.

5x2 c&c cage. Extra c&c parts for a lid. Forage, pellets, hay, dozens of fleeces as the initial ones didnโ€™t work out, veggies, waterproof liner, 3 hideaways, hay tray, snuggle bags, water bottles, wooden archwayโ€ฆ. The list goes onโ€ฆ

I am not going to guess. I will โ€˜fess up to not knowing how much we spent out in the beginning, but probably similar.
Then of course there are the odd bits I donโ€™t confess to the OH, like the replaced fleece cubes( they are identical) he never noticed! ๐ŸคฃOr when the piggies order treat hay online when no-ones looking!

One of the factors involved in deciding to move house was more space for the beastie boys!
When sorting their starter palace, I probably spent about ยฃ200. This was done on the cheap too, if I'd bought from kavee it would have been more than that without the fleeces and hammocks, beds etc.....
However, once it's bought you recoup the outlay on the bedding pretty quick.
But there are just so many things that look adorable in their cages......we don't NEED to have the cutest fleeces do we?

ยฃ700! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ. Where did you get the cage? Harrods?
Sister in law is a dab hand with a sewing machine. We are going to spend time looking at you tube etc learning about making fleeces, pee pads and beds.This will feed my addiction for them having lovely looking things without breaking the bank.

ยฃ700! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ. Where did you get the cage? Harrods?
Sister in law is a dab hand with a sewing machine. We are going to spend time looking at you tube etc learning about making fleeces, pee pads and beds.This will feed my addiction for them having lovely looking things without breaking the bank.

I dont know how this happened!

Who does? A little bit here and a little bit there and a little bit more here and a little bit more there..... Oh I need to visit the vet with one of them. So now you pay the Vet's mortgage .......
I hope itโ€™s nothing too serious ?

Now start saving for the vet bills.
In January alone (same Guinea pig too!) I had a URI, broken teeth, hay poke and bloat/gut stasis. I handed every vet bill to my piggy but she has yet to contribute to them
Also I promise Iโ€™m not a terrible piggy mum! Just a series of very very unfortunate events

In January alone (same Guinea pig too!) I had a URI, broken teeth, hay poke and bloat/gut stasis. I handed every vet bill to my piggy but she has yet to contribute to them
Also I promise Iโ€™m not a terrible piggy mum! Just a series of very very unfortunate events
What drama for you!

Back